• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good IT Contractor Accountant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ifti12 View Post
    Quick question for you, I can see freeagent supports well with Metro & Barclays bank. Does it work well with HSBC BUSINESS ACCOUNT as well? I mean the integration is ok or painful with HSBC business account with freeagent?

Thanks
    ifti
    Their pages says they do but have extra steps due to way they work. You have some kind of pin generator for your account?
    https://www.freeagent.com/central/mo...day-motivator/
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Works fine if a little slow. It uses a service to submit the key code from the magic fob to provide the secure connections.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by ifti12 View Post
        Quick question for you, I can see freeagent supports well with Metro & Barclays bank. Does it work well with HSBC BUSINESS ACCOUNT as well? I mean the integration is ok or painful with HSBC business account with freeagent?

Thanks
        ifti
        Myself, I will not use the banking integration facility. It involves giving a 3rd party your log in details. How secure that actually is, is up for debate. But I won't trust it. It takes just a few minutes to download and upload a Quicken compatible file (or something else suitable) and upload it to FA. IMO, it isn't worth the risk. if your bank gets hacked you will be blamed for divulging your security details to a 3rd party.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
        X