• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company Tax Return Error 3320

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company Tax Return Error 3320

Hi all,

I'm attempting to submit my 16-17 company tax return online, but it's getting rejected with error code 3320 and I can't figure out why.

The accounting period runs from 06/04/2016 to 05/04/2017 (it was aligned with the tax year a few years back) and this is the period I am attempting to file for. I have double checked the dates entered on the return and they look to be correct and match these accordingly.

Error code: 3001
    Description: The submission of this document has failed due to departmental specific business logic in the Body tag.

Error code: 3320
    Description: The period to which this Return's Computation applies does not coincide with the effective from/to dates of the referenced Computation Taxonomy. Please correct and re-submit.

It's a very simple/straightforward return, which I can post up in redacted form if useful. The company accounts portion of the joint filing went through OK.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd very much welcome your input.
    Thanks.

My immediate thought was you are trying to file too early and HMRC corporation tax isn't available yet for FY 2017 (Which would be 1 April 2017nto 31 March 2018).

Google throws up

CCH Error 3001 & 3320 | AccountingWEB Which seems to confirm this

Also page 11 off https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...linevalids.pdf suggests out of date taxonomy on the computations, which in turn suggests strongly to me the tax computation is FY 16 (I.e. To 31.3.17) not FY 17. The taxonomy would be revised for FY17 due to reducing in Ct rate from 19% to 20%

I'm assuming you re submitting via HMRCs online services? I would wait a month and try again. It's not uncommon for systems to be una-vailabel this early in the filing cycle.

Out of interest did the computations compute 365 days @ 20% or 360 @ 20% and 5 at 19%?

Comment

Hi Jessica,
      Thank you for taking the time to post up your thoughts and the links.

I was indeed filing via HMRCs online services (on 7th Apr). The tax calculation shows 360 @ 20% (FY16) and 5 at 19% (FY17).

If it's just a case of waiting it out and re-submitting when HMRC has caught up, then that's great. I guess I was just after some reassurance that it wasn't caused by something I'd overlooked/omitted during filing. My returns are usually very simple, so couldn't see where I'd gone wrong this time around.

Comment

OK, so the computation is right. HMRC just can't handle.

IMV, wait a month and try again, probably easiest. If it doesn't work then, escalate to HMRC online help desk.

If you want to you can escalate it now, but I'm 95% certain its just they are behind in updating.

Comment

Hi Jessica, it looks like you were right. HMRC have just acknowledged the issue on their service availability page.

HMRC’s free Corporation Tax online return service – returns with an accounting period ending after 31 March 2017

The HMRC free filing service hasn’t yet been updated with the April 2017 changes. Customers filing returns with an accounting period ending after 31 March 2017 may receive an error message in the dashboard following online submission of their company tax return.

This issue is under urgent investigation and we will revise this message again once the service has been updated.

Customers who submit returns using the free service and receive a submission error on the dashboard, for a period ending after 31 March 2017, need to monitor this page and re-submit after the update.

If you need further help or can’t wait for the resolution, please contact the Online Services Helpdesk.
          Thanks again

Comment

Working...
          X