• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Self Assessment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got it working mid afternoon. submitted and paid the outstanding as well.
    I know it's very early, but I like to know what is in my account is really mine.

Comment

They've corrected the payment deadline to 31st January 2018 now, but it still keeps referring to "payment on account for 2016-17" instead of "2017-18". That includes this help page which says that:
      "You may want to reduce your payments on account (including reducing to nil) if you expect your 2016-17 income to be lower than 2016 to 2017."

Do they test any of this stuff before unleashing it on the public?

Comment

Originally posted by trilby View Post
        They've corrected the payment deadline to 31st January 2018 now, but it still keeps referring to "payment on account for 2016-17" instead of "2017-18". That includes this help page which says that:
        "You may want to reduce your payments on account (including reducing to nil) if you expect your 2016-17 income to be lower than 2016 to 2017."

Do they test any of this stuff before unleashing it on the public?
        They can't they don't have the contractors anymore.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Financial Times: Thousands at risk of tax errors as HMRC’s software struggles. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIwuqnA5jQ

Comment

Just done mine. No idea why, but I'm owed £380. Yaay! Usually this indicates they're about to flip up my tax code again, like they did twice last year.

Has that PSC question gone because I didn't see it anywhere?
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              Has that PSC question gone because I didn't see it anywhere?
              its been removed since last year.

Comment

Working...
              X