• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£75 to change FRS category

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£75 to change FRS category

Seriously, InTouch???

"This administration and submission of the notification of change is chargeable. It is fixed at £75 + VAT"

Patrick or Neil care to explain what you do for that charge?

Thanks.
    First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Now THAT is asking your accountant!!!
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Certainly taking the piss a bit. Do it yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by RonBW View Post
        Seriously, InTouch???

"This administration and submission of the notification of change is chargeable. It is fixed at £75 + VAT"

Patrick or Neil care to explain what you do for that charge?

Thanks.
        I left InTouch after 4 or 5 years as they'd just increased their price again and the 'new' portal was making me crazy.

They refused to do my SA for the final year unless I paid an extra £150!

As an aside: If you haven't tried FA, you should sign up for a free trial. It really is light years ahead in comparison.

Comment

I worked out it took me 8 minutes to prepare my letter and reply back to my accountant. Posting it I did while doing something else.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by youngguy View Post
            I left InTouch after 4 or 5 years as they'd just increased their price again and the 'new' portal was making me crazy.

They refused to do my SA for the final year unless I paid an extra £150!

As an aside: If you haven't tried FA, you should sign up for a free trial. It really is light years ahead in comparison.
            Yes, I seriously recommend folks read that bottom line right there. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ It's true.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

We are always happy to answer your questions.

Firstly, to clarify this offer has nothing to do with Limited Cost Trader changes effective on the 1 April, we are providing our advice on these changes entirely free to all clients.

The offer you comment on, which is entirely optional, refers to the changes that HMRC were forced by the Tribunals to make to their guidance on the selection of a FRS category. This correction provides an opportunity to consider your selected category, but to do so requires extensive analysis of the actual nature of the work each person does, and where appropriate to draft out the technical basis for requesting a change.

This work is entirely individual to each person. The £75 relates to that detailed analysis of your work, how that interacts with the revised guidance and then, in appropriate circumstances, to submit an authoritative argument with the notice to change the category. It also covers the resulting correspondence or any argument from HMRC. Of course, there is no charge when there is no change required.

If you were using the 14.5% category and for example on a turnover of £50,000 your FRS benefit would be £1,300 per annum. In the right circumstances, if as a result of this work the category is reduced to 12%, the benefit would increase to £2,800.
              Last edited by Patrick@Intouch; 31 March 2017, 07:50.

Comment

Originally posted by youngguy View Post
                Must admit, I'm hating the new features of the portal already and they only came in last night
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  Must admit, I'm hating the new features of the portal already and they only came in last night
                  I think it must be really hurting that you run a business and invest in a customised web portal, bespoke to your own business. And within a year or two it becomes very obvious you backed the wrong horse? I reckon those accountants that hung on a bit with cloud accounting services until FA came along are feeling really smart right now.
                  Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Now THAT is asking your accountant!!!
                    Haha, nice.

Comment

Working...
                    X