• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£75 to change FRS category

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure you're forced to enter invoices in their system at all are you are you? Only if you chose to, you now have to do it a certain way? I'll admit I found it a bit irksome having to enter my client but other than that everything I entered was what I already entered... like 3 bits of data. You've been able to submit invoices for ages but if you're now forced to do so that's new on me?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Also re:FRS it reads they'll consult with you and then you only pay if you ask them to do the work. You'd be free to do the last part directly.

I'm a bit dubious that just as FRS is taken away from us the rates suddenly get better Where/what ARE all the new options we can use instead of "IT Consultancy" anyway?

Comment

SJD moved me off the FRS for free. Started my delayed purchasing of equipment yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          I'm not sure you're forced to enter invoices in their system at all are you are you?
          If you don't enter the invoices then your accountant can't do your VAT return for you. Which is kind of daft.

You're not forced to use the portal at all - just don't expect your accountant to be able to do anything without the information.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Is any of this beta tested on users? Like, does anyone who is actually contracting get to use it before its forced upon the rest of us paying customers?

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              If you don't enter the invoices then your accountant can't do your VAT return for you. Which is kind of daft.

You're not forced to use the portal at all - just don't expect your accountant to be able to do anything without the information.
              I'm also not a fan of the changes (to put it mildly). However, TBF, when speaking with In Touch, they clarified that the documentation was merely added, by default, in case it was useful and, beyond the initial admin to register a contract, the auto-generated invoices could be ignored. Certainly, I will be ignoring them, as they are not valid invoices or configurable to be valid invoices for my purposes. I'm hoping the default dividend paperwork can be ignored with similar ease. You can see why they do these things, I suppose - to make life easier for the average contractor, many of whom (I suspect) don't really want to run a business - but, for the rest of us, they actually increase the admin overhead. Bottom line, if there were ever an argument for developing a bespoke accounting portal, it probably died when tools like FreeAgent came along...

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                SJD moved me off the FRS for free. Started my delayed purchasing of equipment yesterday
                A) and what does SJD charge per month
                B) this is not about leaving FRS but reclassification

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                  I'm also not a fan of the changes (to put it mildly). However, TBF, when speaking with In Touch, they clarified that the documentation was merely added, by default, in case it was useful and, beyond the initial admin to register a contract, the auto-generated invoices could be ignored. Certainly, I will be ignoring them, as they are not valid invoices or configurable to be valid invoices for my purposes. I'm hoping the default dividend paperwork can be ignored with similar ease. You can see why they do these things, I suppose - to make life easier for the average contractor, many of whom (I suspect) don't really want to run a business - but, for the rest of us, they actually increase the admin overhead. Bottom line, if there were ever an argument for developing a bespoke accounting portal, it probably died when tools like FreeAgent came along...
                  ^^^^ For sure. ^^^^
                  Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                    Bottom line, if there were ever an argument for developing a bespoke accounting portal, it probably died when tools like FreeAgent came along...
                    Totally. I feel for the old skoolers to a certain extent, as FreeAgent has been a game changer and it must be incredibly difficult to keep up.

It took me a while to take the plunge and move accountants (as I couldn't fault InTouch on service ) but to be honest their tool wasn't up to scratch and having to do my own invoices, dividend vouchers and manual expenses just lost the appeal

Comment

Originally posted by youngguy View Post
                      Totally. I feel for the old skoolers to a certain extent, as FreeAgent has been a game changer and it must be incredibly difficult to keep up.

It took me a while to take the plunge and move accountants (as I couldn't fault InTouch on service ) but to be honest their tool wasn't up to scratch and having to do my own invoices, dividend vouchers and manual expenses just lost the appeal
                      All of which and plenty more are a piece of cake using "you know what". I moved from a neanderthal spready based system, what a revelation!
                      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
                      X