• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inside IR35 PS calculation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inside IR35 PS calculation

Jeez. Complicated or what?

Anyone got any idea how much to add to contract when its inside IR35?

And before anyone has a dig - yes I did leave a PS client where it was unclear. This was because I didn't want to risk a retrospective enquiry.

Going forward - inside IR35 is not ideal but, its fair to judge each one on its merits. This particular client is willing to uplift rates accordingly.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

It's been mentioned a couple of times in recent discussions.

Here is one for starters.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/showthread.php?t=120533

Stick about 25-30% in and go from there.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 30 March 2017, 07:47.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      It's been mentioned a couple of times in recent discussions.

Here is one for starters.

Working through the regulations

Stick about 25-30% in and go from there.
      Not so bad then. Agency have suggested a 28% increase on my normal rate.

I guess it hits people who have to stay away/drive miles because of the lack of expense for this. This role is good for me - 15 miles away from home.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

I guess it hits people who have to stay away/drive miles because of the lack of expense for this. This role is good for me - 15 miles away from home.
        You guess? I'm sure we'll hear plenty more about it over the coming days.......

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          You guess? I'm sure we'll hear plenty more about it over the coming days.......
          Good for local candidates as well. Even with the hit of extra tax, even if client raises the rate if its costing you £50-£100 a night for a hotel then thats money that was previously before tax.

Even driving too. I used to do 105 miles a day. Thats almost £1000 at 45p a mile (until it goes down). So thats a few extra quid in tax on that again.

Comment

Good for local candidates as well. Even with the hit of extra tax, even if client raises the rate if its costing you £50-£100 a night for a hotel then thats money that was previously before tax.

Even driving too. I used to do 105 miles a day. Thats almost £1000 at 45p a mile (until it goes down). So thats a few extra quid in tax on that again.
            No tulip sherlock.

Comment

Oi, you two....get a room
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Anyone got any idea how much to add to contract when its inside IR35?
                If only there was a list of questions that are frequently asked which details the costs to consider.

Oh wait...
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

28% increase? I wish someone could explain to me how these tax changes are going to result in additional funds for the government?

Sounds to me like they will be worse off overall. I wonder if someone crunched the numbers on these changes

Comment

I can see the headline already:

" Public Sector paying contractors' taxes for them to avoid new economy rules"...
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X