• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Closing Limited Company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closing Limited Company

I'm posting to see if anyone knows if there is anything more I need to do regarding closing a limited company.

I incorporated a limited company at the start of March 2015, which I never used as the reasons for using it fell through.

As it hasn't had any use, I decided to close it, so I filled in the for for voluntary strike off, and this was received by companies house at the end of February 2017.

The website shows tat the first confirmation statement is due March 2017, do I still need to do this?

Or as it's in the 2 month waiting period for being dissolved, do I do nothing and just leave it as is, or are there any more documents I need to send.

Basically I just want to make sure I don't do anything wrong so I don't get fined.
    Last edited by gaff; 27 March 2017, 19:56. Reason: wording mistakes

What do you mean by "...relieved by HMRC..."? Do you possibly mean "...received by Companies House..."? If so, then nothing further to do, and you can ignore that confirmation statement request.

If HMRC have perhaps objected to the strike off in some way then that should be dealt with first.

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
      What do you mean by "...relieved by HMRC..."? Do you possibly mean "...received by Companies House..."? If so, then nothing further to do, and you can ignore that confirmation statement request.

If HMRC have perhaps objected to the strike off in some way then that should be dealt with first.
      Sorry your right, I'm talking gibberish, my dyslexia is throwing out the wrong words.

Ok thanks for the advice, I'll not bother submitting a confirmation statement then, as its in the process of being struck off.

Comment

If you have filed DS01 with GBP 10 and the record at Companies House shows active strike off then sit back and wait. When the strike off has been recorded in The Gazette there will be a pdf against the company saying that the company will be struck off so many months after this notice in The Gazette. Worth checking, then sit and relax.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
          If you have filed DS01 with GBP 10 and the record at Companies House shows active strike off then sit back and wait. When the strike off has been recorded in The Gazette there will be a pdf against the company saying that the company will be struck off so many months after this notice in The Gazette. Worth checking, then sit and relax.
          Yeah it's already appeared on companies house website it'll be struck off in two months, just wasn't sure if I needed to submit the confirmation as well.

Comment

Originally posted by gaff View Post
            Yeah it's already appeared on companies house website it'll be struck off in two months, just wasn't sure if I needed to submit the confirmation as well.
            Job done then by the sound of it.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
            X