• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Limited Company or Add Spouse as Employee of my Limited Company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Limited Company or Add Spouse as Employee of my Limited Company

Hi,

I've been contracting from last 3 years though my own Limited Company. My spouse has been working as a permanent employee paying higher band tax-rate for one of the IT Consulting companies and is now getting a contract offer from one of the public sector clients (it is outside IR35 as confirmed by the client). What would be more tax-efficient?

a. She setting up her own limited company?

b. She asking for a contract in my limited company's name and joining my limited company as a Director/Shareholder? Also, what could be additional overheads (if any) for my Limited Company and both of us as Directors?

c. She asking for a contract in my limited company's name and joining my limited company only as an Employee and not Director/Shareholder? Also, what could be additional overheads (if any) for my Limited Company and me as the only Director?

Thank you.

Plenty of threads discussing exactly this can be found here for reference

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=wi...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    Last edited by northernladuk; 24 March 2017, 14:16.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X