• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reasonable turnaround time for year end accounts?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reasonable turnaround time for year end accounts?

Just curious - what do you think is a fair/reasonable turnaround time after submitting your data?

4 weeks, tops, perhaps a bit longer if this time coincides with the self assessment busy period of January.
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

I seem to remember SJD only doing it in a certain window and if you wanted it doing earlier you had to pay.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

One accountancy firm I used sent them to me within about 2 or 3 days of the end of year and they were spot on. Another firm I used wouldn't send them for months and never sent them at all without constant reminders from me. When I eventually got them they were almost always wrong. Guess which firm is the one I'd recommend?
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
          One accountancy firm I used sent them to me within about 2 or 3 days of the end of year and they were spot on. Another firm I used wouldn't send them for months and never sent them at all without constant reminders from me. When I eventually got them they were almost always wrong. Guess which firm is the one I'd recommend?
          The one you get a referral fee for?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            The one you get a referral fee for?
            For the record, I get no referral fee from any entities, accountancy or any other. If I did, surely I would name the entity I got a fee from on here as much as possible. CUK seems extremely well regarded by Google's search bots. Within minutes a thread here can be at or very near to the top of Google's search results, which amazes me but is true.

Comment

I was joking.. Sheesh. OK. I'll try again.... The cheap one?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                I was joking.. Sheesh. OK. I'll try again.... The cheap one?
                I know you were joking. But how many people drift through and would take you at your word? The majority of people, I suspect.

Comment

Mine tend to come back for checking within 2 or 3 weeks then the final cut with corp tax form complete a week or so later.

Comment

If they are not getting the accounts done within 4 weeks (provided all the info has been given) then I think you'd have a right to be annoyed.

Comment

Working...
                    X