• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reasonable turnaround time for year end accounts?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still haven't got them. If there was ever a moment where I thought I'd go back to SJD that's well and truly done now. 14 weeks since I sent the docs.

Comment

I send my trial balance and bank statements over to my accountant within two weeks of year end and get something back within three weeks. I then have the next 8 months ish to save up for my CT bill and pay that only a couple of days before its due.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I send my trial balance and bank statements over to my accountant within two weeks of year end and get something back within three weeks. I then have the next 8 months ish to save up for my CT bill and pay that only a couple of days before its due.
        Oh, you pay on time? Interesting....

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
          Still haven't got them. If there was ever a moment where I thought I'd go back to SJD that's well and truly done now. 14 weeks since I sent the docs.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
            From what I remember SJD would only do them in the period they do everyone's. A friend of mine wanted it doing early for a mortgage and they made him pay extra for the pleasure. Doesn't surprise me this.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Blimey. Wish I hadn't said anything now :|
              You're not the only one
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                You're not the only one
                Oi!! Leave it sonny!
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  From what I remember SJD would only do them in the period they do everyone's. A friend of mine wanted it doing early for a mortgage and they made him pay extra for the pleasure. Doesn't surprise me this.
                  Just for balance, I'd note that I'm very happy with the turnaround I received from SJD. Just over 4 weeks from submission of the relevant files to them to having an agreed & signed-off set of accounts - and two weeks of that was me questioning various things which weren't (with one exception) actually changed. CT submitted to Phil Hammond esq. 8 months early, to receive a super-generous 0.5% interest from my friends at the Revenue (I'd not be getting any interest on it sitting in my company account).

Comment

Originally posted by Lambert Simnel View Post
                    Just for balance, I'd note that I'm very happy with the turnaround I received from SJD. Just over 4 weeks from submission of the relevant files to them to having an agreed & signed-off set of accounts - and two weeks of that was me questioning various things which weren't (with one exception) actually changed. CT submitted to Phil Hammond esq. 8 months early, to receive a super-generous 0.5% interest from my friends at the Revenue (I'd not be getting any interest on it sitting in my company account).
                    you need to look into business savings accounts

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                      I know you were joking. But how many people drift through and would take you at your word? The majority of people, I suspect.
                      Don't fret. Everyone clocks he's a know-nothing bozo.

Comment

Working...
                      X