Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 33

Godlike

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    The main thing everyone has forgot to add is the OP needs to invoice the agency as per his contract to show the new terms are not accepted at the same time as doing the investigations.

Then if the agency makes a fuss about the invoice or doesn't pay on time, then you need to walk out.
    This +1

Still gathering requirements...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

OK, thank you all for providing tips on how to deal with it. It's very appreciated.

I live on CUK

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ECommerceConsultant View Post
    OK, thank you all for providing tips on how to deal with it. It's very appreciated.
    Oh and when I said walk away I mean it.

I've downed tools on two contracts due to payment term issues.

One we sorted the issue out, while the other I walked away from.

Funnily enough due to walking away from the second contract I was then free to get a contract that lead me to get in demand skills.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well, they've phoned me back today, and said it was all a big misunderstanding. The recruitment consultant said that he'd been told it was changing to monthly by the directors, and he just passed on the information.
    I explained that they would be in breach of contract (I double checked my contract and it clearly states weekly), and he said, "oh if you can't live with monthly, then we'll make an exception for you"...I replied by saying, "you have a contractual obligation to pay me weekly, so it's not "making an exception"".
    He also said there are cash flow issues with the start up and they requested to change it to monthly, because they are stretched financially.
    Just as I suspected.

Anyway, long story short, it will remain weekly.

I live on CUK

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well, they've phoned me back today, and said it was all a big misunderstanding. The recruitment consultant said that he'd been told it was changing to monthly by the directors, and he just passed on the information.
    I explained that they would be in breach of contract (I double checked my contract and it clearly states weekly), and he said, "oh if you can't live with monthly, then we'll make an exception for you"...I replied by saying, "you have a contractual obligation to pay me weekly, so it's not "making an exception"".
    He also said there are cash flow issues with the start up and they requested to change it to monthly, because they are stretched financially.
    Just as I suspected.

They probably read this thread and worked out who you maybe.

It does happen.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Godlike

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just as I suspected.

Thanks for the update; at least getting paid weekly will leave you exposed to two weeks at most.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Slightly different in my case, I've agreed to two weekly invoicing, and usually get paid the Friday after the invoice goes in. But it's been missed once, and I wasn't at work the next Monday. I checked everything to make sure I wasn't in breach of contract, I warned everyone that I wouldn't be at work (told them I didn't have the funds to get there) and the site was closed for a day. I don't know how they explained it to the client but it has to be black and white for me.

My post count is Majestic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost It View Post
    Slightly different in my case, I've agreed to two weekly invoicing, and usually get paid the Friday after the invoice goes in. But it's been missed once, and I wasn't at work the next Monday. I checked everything to make sure I wasn't in breach of contract, I warned everyone that I wouldn't be at work (told them I didn't have the funds to get there) and the site was closed for a day. I don't know how they explained it to the client but it has to be black and white for me.
    You've got to be kidding right?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011' - Winner - Yes really!!!!

pr1

Fingers like lightning

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

cutting off your nose to spite your face much?

Godlike

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sock it to 'em

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast