• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are you going to move off the FRS?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes
    48.98%
    No
    20.41%
    Not sure yet
    30.61%

Not immediately. I'm going to run it for a little while first. Toying between deregistering and losing all VAT recovery on the little expenditure I do have, and going full on with all the faffy admin that entails.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Not immediately. I'm going to run it for a little while first. Toying between deregistering and losing all VAT recovery on the little expenditure I do have, and going full on with all the faffy admin that entails.
      The deregistration limit is lower than registration. If you're working in London (which if IIRC you are) then that's quite a modest day rate. You're still better off with your couple of hundred pounds on the FRS than deregistering.

My plan is to stay on FRS even though it will cost me, and review in a few months. I also CBA with the admin.

Comment

Originally posted by teapot418 View Post
        The deregistration limit is lower than registration. If you're working in London (which if IIRC you are) then that's quite a modest day rate. You're still better off with your couple of hundred pounds on the FRS than deregistering.

My plan is to stay on FRS even though it will cost me, and review in a few months. I also CBA with the admin.
        I felt the same way with the admin. Then signed up for a Freeagent accountant added a £7 a month app to process expenses and its going to be less hassle than what I had to do before...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

You don't have to claim back everything, how hard is it to claim back just the big items, or those that automatically come with a VAT receipt?

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed View Post
            You don't have to claim back everything, how hard is it to claim back just the big items, or those that automatically come with a VAT receipt?
            ^^^This

Some costs you will have every month and won't vary.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

On the day my discount runs out, yes.

Comment

When my first years 1% discount ends then possibly.

Comment

Letter goes in the post today.

Comment

Haven't looked into it yet but I'm tempted - at least I'd get VAT back on my accountant's bill
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X