• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are you going to move off the FRS?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    I felt the same way with the admin. Then signed up for a Freeagent accountant added a £7 a month app to process expenses and its going to be less hassle than what I had to do before...
    What's the app?

I thought free agent had a mobile app that lets you log all expenses as part of their month to bundle?

Comment

Originally posted by youngguy View Post
      What's the app?

I thought free agent had a mobile app that lets you log all expenses as part of their month to bundle?
      Xpenditure was the one I found. Its good at sorting out what is important in the photo then sends it off to the cloud where in 2-5 minutes it returns with a populated expense record.

Then it feeds that and the photo back to freeagent once you've entered all your expenses.
      Last edited by eek; 13 March 2017, 11:44.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Already told my accountant last week to transfer my from frs to the standard accounting from April. As has been said on here Freeagent does the administration for you providing you enter the data correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
          As has been said on here Freeagent does the administration for you providing you enter the data correctly.
          Ish...my understanding is it'll be a bit of faff as I don't think FreeAgent will allow you to change settings mid quarter. It is however doable with a workaround. You'll need to amend the VAT quarter ends twice so what in reality is one 3 month quarter, on FreeAgent will be a 1 month period and 2 month period (or 2 and 1 as the case may be). You'll then need to check the settings in each of those are as you'd like with respect to FRS. Then manually add up box 1 figures from each period to get a combined box 1, then the same for each other box. You'll then need to type into the HMRC portal directly. Finally mark both returns as filed on FreeAgent to lock down the figures. The quarter after should then be straight forward.

Comment

Never joined FRS in the first place - the admin is no big deal.

Comment

I voted to FREXIT this morning. Plotting a purchase or two to celebrate come the new tax year.

Comment

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
                I voted to FREXIT this morning. Plotting a purchase or two to celebrate come the new tax year.
                I suspect early April will feature a new 34" widescreen monitor - I'm finding that I'm missing skype pings on the current setup...
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Instructed my accountant to move me off the FRS per April 1st. First thing I buy is a brand new laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    I suspect early April will feature a new 34" widescreen monitor - I'm finding that I'm missing skype pings on the current setup...
                    i bought the Dell one before I got my first contract - it's worth every penny - just obtained a VAT receipt for it this afternoon after realising eBay seller was VAT registered company

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                      Instructed my accountant to move me off the FRS per April 1st. First thing I buy is a brand new laptop.
                      Which you probably could have had the VAT back on anyway if you added a few extras??

Comment

Working...
                      X