• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Danish tax rule for part time working

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

I'm confused. I visit my client in Denmark about 5 - 10 days per month. The rest of the time I work in the UK. My contract is with a UK agency, who subcontract me to a Danish agency.

The Danish agency have said that I have to pay Danish tax on my salary at 35.6% (because I am not resident in Denmark for more than 183 days/year). The Danish agency will not accept my UK salary amount of £621/month and say it has to be equivalent to a Danish salary i.e. at least 2000 DKK/month. The Danish agency wants to retain 35.6% of this notional 2000 DKK salary for every day I work in Denmark to declare to SKAT. There is no retention for the days I work outside Denmark. This sounds extremely odd. Does anyone now if this is correct

Firstly there is no 183 rule. You pay tax were you earn the money.

Secondly as you work partly in Denmark and partly in the UK, you have to abide by the tax regulations of both.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by johninreading View Post
      Hello,

I'm confused. I visit my client in Denmark about 5 - 10 days per month. The rest of the time I work in the UK. My contract is with a UK agency, who subcontract me to a Danish agency.

The Danish agency have said that I have to pay Danish tax on my salary at 35.6% (because I am not resident in Denmark for more than 183 days/year). The Danish agency will not accept my UK salary amount of £621/month and say it has to be equivalent to a Danish salary i.e. at least 2000 DKK/month. The Danish agency wants to retain 35.6% of this notional 2000 DKK salary for every day I work in Denmark to declare to SKAT. There is no retention for the days I work outside Denmark. This sounds extremely odd. Does anyone now if this is correct
      Is it 2000 DKK or 20,000 DKK? 2000 DKK sounds awfully little (around £235).

Comment

Originally posted by m0n1k3r View Post
        Is it 2000 DKK or 20,000 DKK? 2000 DKK sounds awfully little (around £235).
        2000DKK a DAY....

SKAT always get you....

Comment

Working...
        X