• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working in Egypt

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working in Egypt

Hi,

I am working in Egypt via my one man UK ltd company.
    Typically my work will be at oilfield land sites and offshore on vessels.

Typically I will work in the region of 150 - 190 days per year in Egypt.

Can anyone explain what the requirement is for me to pay taxes locally in Egypt?

Thanks

Originally posted by JEE1 View Post
    Hi,

I am working in Egypt via my one man UK ltd company.
    Typically my work will be at oilfield land sites and offshore on vessels.

Typically I will work in the region of 150 - 190 days per year in Egypt.

Can anyone explain what the requirement is for me to pay taxes locally in Egypt?

Thanks
    I worked there for 9 months in 2001 and lets just say the Egyptian employer was quite lax about this with me. The company (a large ISP that is still in business) were more than happy to pay me wherever I wanted and preferred it that I didn't have the necessary work permits in place. I had a colleague that attempted to pay tax locally and it caused him a great deal of pain and Egyptian bureaucracy. It took months and he needed a fixer.

Comment

Working...
    X