• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Increasingly frustrated with IPSE

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Look on the bright side. If PC cancels his membership they can genuinely claim they represent professional contractors.
    IPSE must have other members like PC. To be honest I suspect a fair proportion of the silent majority may make PC look enlightened.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by youngguy View Post
      It appears to me that IPSE's approach is one of trying to play the political game and have quiet chats in Westminster (at least that's what they purport) .
      About time they dressed up as Batman and scaled Big Ben....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        About time they dressed up as Batman and scaled Big Ben....
        Yeah, that went well, didn't it...
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          Yeah, that went well, didn't it...
          Over the following few years the language did change and things got a bit better for men.

However I thinking what IPSE are doing is the best way forward for what they are trying to achieve. I nice article here Could China's Trump tactics actually be working? - BBC News

Comment

Over the following few years the language did change and things got a bit better for men.
            It was realised that the children lose out if they don't see their father. It was nothing to do what men wanted.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

However I thinking what IPSE are doing is the best way forward for what they are trying to achieve. I nice article here Could China's Trump tactics actually be working? - BBC News
              Well it's a thought. Although I suspect the Chinese are playing the long game here: they work in centuries, not presidential election cycles. A short term setback is probably a well calculated reaction

Plus the other difference is that Trump, for all his failings, has a big stick. We don't.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                Yep IPSE are a total waste of money. But you're not allowed to say so one here, because the bullies will attack you, it's just like a trade union same bullying and pressure put on people to join them and agree with everything they do.
                Canceled my membership last autumn.
                At last, others are beginning to notice too.
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

They're probably well aware that going to the media could do more harm than good.

This is story that could easily be twisted. It's a complex argument that the general public know little to nothing about.

Bottom line is that if people choose to walk it's because they'll be forced to pay more tax. I don't see much public sympathy for the cause here.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
                    Bottom line is that if people choose to walk it's because they'll be forced to pay more tax. I don't see much public sympathy for the cause here.
                    This. My other half is a teacher and even she's always rolling her eyes at me about what we do even though it helps fund her lifestyle.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      This. My other half is a teacher and even she's always rolling her eyes at me about what we do even though it helps fund her lifestyle.
                      True we are in an industry where we can say '350 notes a day is not enough and I wouldn't get out of bed for a rate as low as that', it is nuts when you think about it

Comment

Working...
                      X