• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Expenses when Inside IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expenses when Inside IR35

Now don't read anything into this - I've canned my PS role....

However, doesn't mean Im going to turn down a different one. It all depends. After all with this retrospective risk is removed.

So, before April 2017, what expenses can you claim?

Can you claim travel? Or are you just given the 5% and thats you're lot?

What if "other" expenses are less than 5%?

Post-April2017 - am I right that the 5% thing is gone?
    Are there any expenses you can claim or is it now 100% deemed?
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Try April 2016 for stopping claiming expenses inside.

Need to either factor expenses into your day rate (you're being treated as a permie - a joke in itself, you're only being taxed as a permie!) or if you're staying away, see if they'll pick up the tab on their own corporate rate. Best way to get that if you're inside is to contract via a consultancy like Capita.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      So, before April 2017, what expenses can you claim?

Can you claim travel? Or are you just given the 5% and thats you're lot?
      No travel or subsistence. Pension contributions allowed. 5% flat allowance.

What if "other" expenses are less than 5%?
      You deduct allowable expenses and make a deemed payment on that, regardless of what the actual expenses are.

Post-April2017 - am I right that the 5% thing is gone? Are there any expenses you can claim or is it now 100% deemed?
      In public sector, yes. Outside public sector, there is no change.
      First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Try April 2016 for stopping claiming expenses inside.

Need to either factor expenses into your day rate (you're being treated as a permie - a joke in itself, you're only being taxed as a permie!) or if you're staying away, see if they'll pick up the tab on their own corporate rate. Best way to get that if you're inside is to contract via a consultancy like Capita.
        Didnt know it was April 2016?

Like you said needs to be factored in....
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

This might help from yesterday when someone asked a similar question...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/publi...-expenses.html

and a couple of articles out there such as....

http://www.contractoruk.com/news/001..._measures.html

And on the 2016 changes... Aren't you with NW?

http://www.nixonwilliams.com/free-re...tence-expenses
          Last edited by northernladuk; 23 February 2017, 11:35.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X