• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Professional indemnity insurance - made a claim?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Professional indemnity insurance - made a claim?

Out of interest, has anyone here ever had to actually make a claim on their professional indemnity insurance?

Most of us here seem to have to purchase it because the contract and agency require it, but has anyone actually ever had to use it?

It has been asked a few times and IIRC the answer is always "no".
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

What Fred said.

The client wants it because it's their stuff you are messing with. It is however stipulated in the contract between you and the agent... If that makes sense.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...ml#post2248253
        Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

How many have been paid out on since then?

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
            How many have been paid out on since then?

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
              I very much doubt any insurance company is going to answer that to any degree it would be useful.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                I very much doubt any insurance company is going to answer that to any degree it would be useful.
                not if the truth is "none" they wont

if the truth was "two a week" it would be a great advert for them... as appears to be the motive for Qdos answering it last May

Comment

Sorry, missed this.

I can't be specific but claim notifications since I posted that last year are well into double figures.

There was genuinely no marketing-related motive for me posting; I just think it's slightly dangerous if people think they'll never need their insurance. Clearly claim incidences for contractors are relatively low but it's far from unheard of.
                  Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Originally posted by Qdos Contractor View Post
                    Sorry, missed this.

I can't be specific but claim notifications since I posted that last year are well into double figures.

There was genuinely no marketing-related motive for me posting; I just think it's slightly dangerous if people think they'll never need their insurance. Clearly claim incidences for contractors are relatively low but it's far from unheard of.
                    thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X