• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flight/hotel booking sites that provide invoices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flight/hotel booking sites that provide invoices

About to book flight/hotels, which I have to expense to the client. Just about to click through on Expedia, when a quick search turned up that they don't provide VAT invoices.

Any recommendations on user friendly sites for booking hotels & flights that provide you a nice invoice (appreciate that flights are 0% vat, but an official bit of paper to provide the client may save some hassle).

It seems laterooms are good for hotels & VAT invoices - also have the option to pay now or pay on arrival at the hotel.

Flying with BA.

Thanks.

The reservation of any pre-paid "pay online now" hotel bookings and Expedia Special Fare products and Expedia Packages for destinations within the European Union is covered by the regulations for travel agents and tour operators, as set down in Articles 306-310 of the EU Principal VAT Directive [2006/112/EC]. The Supplier Expedia Travel is located in the United States of America, as a result of which no VAT will be charged on services provided by Expedia Travel.

https://www.expedia.co.uk/p/support/...ing-conditions
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      The reservation of any pre-paid "pay online now" hotel bookings and Expedia Special Fare products and Expedia Packages for destinations within the European Union is covered by the regulations for travel agents and tour operators, as set down in Articles 306-310 of the EU Principal VAT Directive [2006/112/EC]. The Supplier Expedia Travel is located in the United States of America, as a result of which no VAT will be charged on services provided by Expedia Travel.

https://www.expedia.co.uk/p/support/...ing-conditions
      Yep, got that (TOMS stuff, I think). Doesn't help when I need to submit an invoice and get push back from the client that they want a VAT one (justified or not)...

Just heading off trouble before it arrives. If there's a good alternative that provides clear invoices, I'd prefer to use that.

Comment

They don't give a VAT invoice as the don't charge VAT.

"Supplier Expedia Travel is located in the United States of America, as a result of which no VAT will be charged on services provided by Expedia Travel"

Edit: (note to self alway hit refresh before posting)
        Last edited by TheBA; 31 January 2017, 13:03.

Comment

Blimey lol. Competent lot ain't they.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Blimey lol. Competent lot ain't they.
            Maybe. I don't know. I'd prefer not to find out by having a nice invoice to hand over in the first place. Anything for a quiet life...

Comment

Originally posted by TheBA View Post
              They don't give a VAT invoice as the don't charge VAT.

"Supplier Expedia Travel is located in the United States of America, as a result of which no VAT will be charged on services provided by Expedia Travel"
              Hmm, pretty self explanatory that ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
                Maybe. I don't know. I'd prefer not to find out by having a nice invoice to hand over in the first place. Anything for a quiet life...
                But, assuming you're FRS and your client doesn't pay VAT, won't your Co be further out of pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
                  Hmm, pretty self explanatory that ;-)
                  I thought so to, I think you're over thinking it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBA View Post
                    I thought so to, I think you're over thinking it.
                    Yep, maybe trying to head off a problem that doesn't exist.

Comment

Working...
                    X