• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Choose a good contractor accountant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choose a good contractor accountant

Hello all,

I'm switching from umbrella to contractor and wondering if you can help with choosing a good contractor accountant firm.
    The recruitment agency I'm in touch with gave me this name Ship Share Accounting.
    Do you know it? Could you suggest something?

Thanks a lot in advance!

I think you've missed a couple of key stickies...

One is 3 above yours called, believe it or not, Accountant Recommendations.

The other is the how to search the forums using the google search method. This can be found here.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/welco...uk-forums.html

If you use it to search for accountant recommendations or something like that you'll find many 100's of recommendations. I'd stick to the more recent ones of course.

HTH
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Just out of interest. This is your one and only engagement though your Umbrella? 3 months ago you joined them wasn't it?

Wasn't there something about a single engagement through a brolly makes it a permanent place of work. That means you can no longer travel and accommodation as it is not a temporary place? I can't remember what the result of that was but make sure you look at it very carefully.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions and sorry about that

I've joined an umbrella company as I had a 2 month contract but now I've found a much longer contract and need to switch to limited as it will cost me too much otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Gius View Post
          Thanks for your suggestions and sorry about that

I've joined an umbrella company as I had a 2 month contract but now I've found a much longer contract and need to switch to limited as it will cost me too much otherwise.
          Very wise. I did the same. If this is a new client then you should be OK.

Forum gets very quiet at this time but I'm sure you'll get a raft of recommendations tomorrow. I'd make my recommendation but if you have a look at the first thread in the sticky you'll see who I'm with

Comment

Gorilla accounting

Thanks!

Comment

Watch this space. They'll be some more names on that sticky soon!!! [emoji12]
              We're all ears!

Comment

Originally posted by Louisa@AardvarkAccounting View Post
                Watch this space. They'll be some more names on that sticky soon!!! [emoji12]
                Darren Upton is coming back?
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Yes and maybe next time he'll share all of the money with us on CUK! Or perhaps he could settle everyone's tax bills...
                  We're all ears!

Comment

Working...
                  X