• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CSA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSA

I am sole employee of my own Ltd company. I use my own personal car to travel to place of work and charge the business the standard 45p per mile. The CSA is claiming a percentage of this and which is being disputed by myself because I am saying it's an out of pocket expense and should not be classed as earnings. Has anyone had dealings with this issue and what was the outcome. Thankyou.

Definitely doesn't sound right.

"The paying parent’s income is:

their earnings from employment
    taxable profits from self-employment
    money from an occupational or personal pension
    tax credits (in some cases)"

As far as I'm aware you should be paying based on the salary/dividends you take (and possibly pension contributions).

Comment

That is far from normal. Under a standard maintenance calculation, the CSA should be assessing you on your PAYE income only.

How do the CSA even know about your business expenses?

Is this being processed as a Variation? Have the CSA issued a variation decision?

What you need to do to dispute this will depend on how the CSA are assessing you and where you are in the process. If they have already issued a Decision then you have one month to ask for a mandatory reconsideration.
      Last edited by easy rider; 22 January 2017, 12:54.

Comment

CSA

the Csa got hold of all of by business accounts and all of my banking account statements

Comment

Originally posted by Jon123 View Post
          the Csa got hold of all of by business accounts and all of my banking account statements
          That sounds bizarre. How could the CSA get hold of them? The answer to that may be significant.

In any case, what you will need to do will depend on the specifics.

What CSA scheme are you under? I can tell you this, if you can tell me when your case was opened.

Do you know whether the PwC applied for a Variation? This is significant as it determines what rules the CSA are applying, and my guess would be yes.

Have the CSA issued you with a new maintenance calculation? This is significant because it will determine your next steps. And if so when? There is a time limit on some of the things you could do.

I have had the misfortune to have had a lot of dealings with the CSA, but I can't offer advice without knowing the specifics.

Comment

Working...
          X