• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Salary/Dividend and renting private property from the Agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salary/Dividend and renting private property from the Agency

Hello all this is my very first post, I am Arthur and I have my little ltd company. As I am newbe I've got couple question. I do pay myself basic salary (minimum wage) and dividends each month at the minute I am looking to rent new home for my family and I am wondering how to show my income to property agency. Should I show my payslips and dividend voucher as my income ? many thanks.

Comment

Ask the estate agency.

Most of them don't like contractors or self-employed people so ask you to pay x months in advance.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Ask the estate agency.

Most of them don't like contractors or self-employed people so ask you to pay x months in advance.
        I did ask but the answear was please provide your income so I think best way is to show my payslips and dividend vouchers for last three months.

Comment

I was totally fine. The misses is in full time employment though, so this may make a difference. The bugger estate agents may require last years self assessment and maybe a reference from your accountant (you do have one right?)...Though my accountant said he didn't hear anything from anyone.

Another option I have heard of is someone signing as a guarantor

Comment

I said that I have Ltd Company and I am paid by salary + dividends and all what I was asked please provide your income from last three months so I am wondering if it is ok to send copy of my payslips + dividend vouchers.

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurB View Post
              I said that I have Ltd Company and I am paid by salary + dividends and all what I was asked please provide your income from last three months so I am wondering if it is ok to send copy of my payslips + dividend vouchers.
              Well if that's your income provide the information.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I've just rented a place and the agent used a portal for entering all this. One of the options was to ask your accountant (I knew I should have trademarked that). Just put my accountants details and it had fired a mail straight off to my account and job was a good un.

You do have an accountant don't you????
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Two times i had to deal with this, the first time the agent/landlord was happy to proceed based on me paying 6 months rent in advance - shouldn't be a problem as a contractor you really should have at least 6 months worth of monthly expenses to cover bench time anyway. The second time i had to give them SA302 which is a summary of your income from your self assessment.

Comment

I've rented places in London for the past 5 years and have always just provided an accountants reference. No 6 months up front - just the normal deposit and (the now gone) ridiculous agency fees.

Comment

Working...
                    X