• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finstar???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
    Yeah this would be my thoughts. I wouldn't hold that conviction against them (everyone has a past, albeit most don't end up convicted of anything), but I still wouldn't touch with a barge pole.

I imagine what would happen if you did sign up is that for a couple of years you'd think it was ace. All would be as described, you'd be getting most of the money and paying negligible tax. Problem is, could be 2 years, could be 5+ years, HMRC will come knocking. You'll then end up paying all the taxes you would've paid AND SIGNIFICANTLY MORE had you used a more "vanilla" accounting solution, and you can bet your bum you won't get any fees back from the avoidance provider, who will be sunning themselves in the Cayman Islands.
    FTFY as the assumptions HMRC make are shall we say interesting and biased towards their viewpoint....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by FDavies01
      Thanks, so in other words, going with Finstar would potentially cost me a fortune in the future!
      I don't want to be rude but you are still here and have only just come to that conclusion even after my post?

Why did you not close the whole sorry event off at the 3 page website comment. Struggling with greed and can't let it go or something?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FDavies01
        Building a character reference of the people who could be my/others payroll providers - Please understand this is for everyone's knowledge not just your own sir.
        And a think skin for when NLUK goes off on one

Comment

Working...
        X