• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client ANPR cannot read my number plate. New one as an expense?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£16 for a new plate at Halfords. Put it through the company and with the 20% saving buy yourself a pair of fluffy dice. Job done.

Comment

If your client's ANPR recognises your plate, and is supplying you a parking space, is this not a benefit normally only given to employees ?
      Have you considered if you are caught by IR35 ?
      What does your accountant say ?
      Have you tried the forum search facility ?

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Many cannot recognise when it's split across two rows, which is the main reason that the congestion charge won't apply to motorbikes, no matter how environmentally unfriendly they may be.
        Surely the main reason congestion charge ANPR cameras can't charge motorbikes is because they don't display a number plate to the front???

Comment

Originally posted by jonnieboy View Post
          Surely the main reason congestion charge ANPR cameras can't charge motorbikes is because they don't display a number plate to the front???
          Could be, but if they wanted to catch bikes, they could point the cameras into the zones.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by FarmerPalmer View Post
            If your client's ANPR recognises your plate, and is supplying you a parking space, is this not a benefit normally only given to employees ?
            Nope. Everyone on site has to go through regardless of status.

And the rest... Well done :|
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FarmerPalmer View Post
              Bravo sir

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Nope. Everyone on site has to go through regardless of status.

And the rest... Well done :|
                Plus permies have to pay for parking, contractors (and visitors) don't. The cost is covered by the agency.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

What sort of car is it?
                  Where is the ANPR camera positioned? - height/angle/etc
                  Is your number plate standard with black text on a white background? Or has it got 3D effect text, or something else?
                  Is your number plate in the middle of the front of the car or offset to one side?
                  Is your number plate on one line or split over 2?
                  Do you have any graphics/stickers on your number plate?
                  Is your car an E-type?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    Plus permies have to pay for parking, contractors (and visitors) don't. The cost is covered by the agency.
                    If I had to pay to wait in a queue for over 20 minutes from the road in to then have to park in the overflow carpark I'd be livid!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      What sort of car is it?
                      Depends how I feel, either the Rolls, or the Aston if I want a spirited drive in.
                      Where is the ANPR camera positioned? - height/angle/etc
                      I'll have to go measure it at lunch but it's front facing about waist height looking down about 15 degrees
                      Is your number plate standard with black text on a white background? Or has it got 3D effect text, or something else?
                      Nope standard. A little curved but not much.
                      Is your number plate in the middle of the front of the car or offset to one side?
                      You accusing me of being an Alfa driver? The Lambo has it on the bonnet so I don't bother bringing that in.
                      Is your number plate on one line or split over 2?
                      Just one line.
                      Do you have any graphics/stickers on your number plate?
                      Nope but it might have a 'F*** APNR' line added in small letters soon.
                      Is your car an E-type?
                      Sadly no.

Had a word with them the other day after getting stopped for a random search ( ) and he says because it's not in an expected format, either old or new so the ANPR struggles to match. He said change it or keep it clean.

They haven't said I must change it so I think I've avoided the D&C issue but if the client has suggested it purely to suit their system it must be a company expense.

Comment

Working...
                      X