• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SJD, Nixon Williams, Clearsky & Parasol combine!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SJD, Nixon Williams, Clearsky & Parasol combine!

These four have joined up to form one huge contractor accountancy group, this will be interesting!

Sovereign backed Arkarius joins forces with Optionis - Sovereign Capital
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Great another reason, no doubt, to increase the price even further

Comment

They must have confidence in the contracting market to attract PE money which is positive?
      Last edited by saptastic; 10 January 2017, 13:50.

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
        They must have confidence in the contracting market to attract PE money which is positive.
        Or they are all merging as the contractor market will disappear. as soon as everyone is considered inside of IR35 there is not much left to do for them

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
          They must have confidence in the contracting market to attract PE money which is positive.
          Schemes, luvvie, schemes.

That said, they may want to simply expand their offering and suggest that umbrella or ltd is better and point contractors at both solutions with a bit of advice about both.

Or it could be that they (accountants) have a lot of PS contractors and converting them to their own umbrella (Parasol) will be an easier option for people come April.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            Or they are all merging as the contractor market will disappear. as soon as everyone is considered inside of IR35 there is not much left to do for them
            Must admit if this comes to the private sector I'll just go Brolly and bin the Ltd, won't be so bad I hear some of them are offering 90% retention

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
              I hear some of them are offering 90% retention
              Think you need to look harder then - I had one offer me 92%

Comment

Originally posted by lucycontractorumbrella View Post
                Think you need to look harder then - I had one offer me 92%
                I'm holding out for 95%!

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
                  I'm holding out for 95%!
                  Plus expenses

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                    Great another reason, no doubt, to increase the price even further
                    Well, I observe that the clients of these firms are not exactly benefiting from economy of scale, are they?
                    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
                    X