• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Limited company - company pension?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    self-invested PERSONAL pension

It's yours not your companies. If you've managed to put it in your companies name then it's not yours. Good luck fixing that
    Just checked. You're right, it is in my name. Phew.

Comment

The information in this thread is very valuable.

Just to consolidate the most popular SIPP providers, we have:

Hargreaves Lansdown (Fee charged is a percentage of the size of the pension pot)
      Interactive Investor (II) (Flat rate fee)
      iWeb (not sure about the fee structure)

Is there any other new SIPP provider that is gaining traction?

Comment

Originally posted by suresh505 View Post

Hargreaves Lansdown (Fee charged is a percentage of the size of the pension pot)

Close Bros and Cavendish are both % based platforms but about half the cost of HL.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by suresh505 View Post

On HL website it says
          0.45% a year (Capped at £200 a year across all holdings in the account)
          does that mean £200 is the maximum you pay per year irrespective of holding size ?
          can someone clarify

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
            On HL website it says
            does that mean £200 is the maximum you pay per year irrespective of holding size ?
            can someone clarify
            HL can......

but my cat probably could as well actually.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

On HL website it says
              can someone clarify
              The cap does not apply to funds. Only shares. Read the T and C carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                The cap does not apply to funds. Only shares. Read the T and C carefully.
                ok, so that means for a sipp containing shares ,ETF and investment trusts only ,HL costs the same as iii
                I dont want to buy funds anyway as the fund managers charge too much
                Last edited by Andy2; 5 January 2018, 16:02.

Comment

ok, so that means for a sipp containing shares ,ETF and investment trusts only ,HL costs the same as iii
                  I dont want to buy funds anyway as the fund managers charge too much
                  Sorry, I don't know. You need to check T&C's very carefully, they change frequently. Myself, I will not use a platform where charges in any way limit my investment universe. Sure, fill your boots with shares and IT's. at HL. I choose a different path, so far, extremely successfully too. But it's a free world. Nobody here is going to try to change your mind.

Comment

As others have said, check with your provider. Post RDR, the offerings of many brokers have been subject to change often at relatively short notice.

I have two SIPPs. One with HL and one with IWeb.

In my opinion, HL are competitive if you choose to hold ETFs, Investment Trusts and individual shares. Their charges for doing so are shown in the link below. i.e. 0.45% capped at £200 across all holdings.

Help & support | Hargreaves Lansdown

HL are imo not competitive for holding funds given they are charged at an uncapped 0.45% albeit with lower charges for larger accounts.

Help & support | Hargreaves Lansdown

Iweb and others are far more competitive for funds. As well as your holdings, the size of your account has a large bearing on how competitive each provider is on price.

This is the best resource I have found for comparing brokers for SIPPs, ISAs and trading accounts.

/monevator. com/compare-uk-cheapest-online-brokers/ - Compare the UK’s cheapest online brokers

Comment

The Daily Telegraph has a very easy to understand traffic light rating system against the major platforms for ISA and SIPP accounts. Rating them red, amber or green depending on portfolio size.

Comment

Working...
                      X