• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Limited company - company pension?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just an aside my II Sipp bank account sort code is 16-14-25 which is ................

RBS

or
    So now I am worried, am I being deceived, just how much sugar is really in a spoon full!

Comment

Apologies for derailing.

Looks increasingly likely I'll be returning to permiedom at some point soon. The Ltd company has a SIPP. Am I right in assuming that any permie job I get can contribute into this existing SIPP rather than any pension scheme they provide?

Comment

Originally posted by perplexed View Post
        Apologies for derailing.

Looks increasingly likely I'll be returning to permiedom at some point soon. The Ltd company has a SIPP. Am I right in assuming that any permie job I get can contribute into this existing SIPP rather than any pension scheme they provide?
        They can but it's likely they won't.

Part of the reason is that if it's their own scheme they know it's a legit scheme. Another is to do with that just administrating their own choosen scheme is easier for them in terms of employers contributions.

It's annoying but as you aren't likely to work for any company for the rest of your life, choose some tracker funds and when you leave that job just transfer them to your SIPP.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Am I right in assuming that any permie job I get can contribute into this existing SIPP rather than any pension scheme they provide?
          You probably wouldn't want to do that. Charges might be lower on a company pension and they often give added benefits like life insurance.
          "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Have to consider all that then. Thanks.

Comment

Apologies for derailing.

Look at the T's and C's of the company pension offer, it's highly likely that the company will pay a %age into the pot and to turn this down in favour of contributions into a SIPP might not make sense (you could do both of course ).

Is the SIPP you have in your name or your Ltd Company ?

Comment

Originally posted by adubya View Post
                Look at the T's and C's of the company pension offer, it's highly likely that the company will pay a %age into the pot and to turn this down in favour of contributions into a SIPP might not make sense (you could do both of course ).

Is the SIPP you have in your name or your Ltd Company ?
                Ltd Company I believe. Will need to check.

Comment

Seriously doubt it. The SIPP will be in your name to which YourCo Ltd will just be making contributions into for your benefit.
                  Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by DallasDad View Post
                    Just an aside my II Sipp bank account sort code is 16-14-25 which is ................

RBS

or
                    Not to worry, SIPP assets are held by trustees and are ring fenced away from anyone else's assets, either the SIPP provider or the bank.
                    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

self-invested PERSONAL pension

It's yours not your companies. If you've managed to put it in your companies name then it's not yours. Good luck fixing that
                      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                      X