• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IPSE and Tax Avoidance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BB is back

WB BB.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
      Well, BB. I have a deal of respect for your view. I will wish you a HNY, even if as an IPSE member I don't qualify for one in return.
      Hi Fred. Just to clarify, the post isnt a go at you. Sorry to hear you're in IPSE.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        BB is back

WB BB.
        Nope, Im back into exile until that uber **** NAT ****s off.
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
          Hi Fred. Just to clarify, the post isnt a go at you. Sorry to hear you're in IPSE.
          OK thanks. As we're into clarifications, yes I am an IPSE member but only until my membership runs out in 2017. I've not only given up at IPSE I have given up on the whole MyCo Ltd way of working. Seeing as HMRC/HMG are determined to tax me like never before, I decided to take an offer of full time employment again.

Further more, since HMG wants us to export more from the UK, I decided that due to nobody wanting my skills any more in the UK, I would export my skills. So, I now sell my skills as an employee in asia and the middle east. I make the same income as I did as a MyCo contractor, I am contributing to reducing the UK's balance of payments deficit. Everyone is happy, me, HMG and my new employers. The only person not so happy is Mr Hammond as his plan to squeeze me until the pips squeaked has seriously back fired. He now gets 100% of what I earn in the UK as tax, I guess he's happy with that. Shame is, my UK earnings are now zero.

Oh well, such is life, but while I feel I have something to contribute here, I will do so.
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
            I would export my skills. So, I now sell my skills as an employee in asia and the middle east. I make the same income as I did as a MyCo contractor, I am contributing to reducing the UK's balance of payments deficit. Everyone is happy, me, HMG and my new employers. The only person not so happy is Mr Hammond as his plan to squeeze me until the pips squeaked has seriously back fired. He now gets 100% of what I earn in the UK as tax, I guess he's happy with that. Shame is, my UK earnings are now zero.
            If you're 'exporting' that implies you are resident in the UK. Therefore you still have tax liabilities in the UK even if all your customers are overseas.
            Unless of course you're a non-dom.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Nope, Im back into exile until that uber **** NAT ****s off.
              And I love you too.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

..Everyone who is in IPSE or thinking of joining needs to re read Fred's comment and let it sink in.

PCG \ IPSE doesnt support people in tax avoidance schemes blah, blah, effing blah.

Well, if income shifting to a non (contracting) spouse isnt 'tax avoidance,' I dont know what the eff is!
                Small point, but there is a difference between tax avoidance techniques and tax avoidance schemes. Income shifting is not a tax avoidance scheme.

Back in the day around 2008, 7 years after HMRC took interest in the MP scheme in particular and when BN66 (retrospection came about) there were plenty of posts from PCG members stating 'if PCG gave any assistance of whatever means' to people caught up in BN66, they would 'immediately petition against this help' at the highest levels of PCG and if PCG continued would withdraw their membership.
                I can see why. Although I'm entirely opposed to BN66 because of its retrospective aspect, which is entirely immoral and unfair, the public would have just seen the PCG supporting tax avoidance. This was even a danger with Arctic, but it seems to have been successfully navigated. The schemes that BN66 target are an entirely different ball game.

I have not been a member of PCG for very long time, so I've a disinterest in the topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                  If you're 'exporting' that implies you are resident in the UK. Therefore you still have tax liabilities in the UK even if all your customers are overseas.
                  Unless of course you're a non-dom.
                  Sadly, when I export my skills to asia and the middle east, the presence of my body there is also required. I meet my UK tax obligations in full and to the letter in line with the guidelines on HMRC website. They are actually very helpful and pretty easy to follow too, for a change. Yes, I am exporting. The fruits of my labour will be brought back to the UK at some point, but I doubt it'll make much impact on the trade deficit.
                  Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Small point, but there is a difference between tax avoidance techniques and tax avoidance schemes. Income shifting is not a tax avoidance scheme.
                    Are you going to enter parliament? That is a load of nonsense. It is all avoidance. It is the duty of every taxpayer to arrange their own affairs so that they pay the least tax - with evasion.

To add to what BB said, it really annoys me that multinational companies pay almost no UK tax. It could be closed. But HMRC bully people who cannot defend themselves - for far less gain than could be got elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Are you going to enter parliament? That is a load of nonsense...
                      Some tax avoidance involves the use of a scheme. Such things are called tax avoidance schemes. PCG (or whatever they're called now) won't support people involved in tax avoidance schemes.

PCG will support people involved in other types of tax avoidance: working through a ltd co, income shifting etc.

HTH and Happy New Year. Just enjoyed a plate of snails. Yum.

Comment

Working...
                      X