• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Self assessment for company starting in Jan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self assessment for company starting in Jan

Rookie here. I am new to contracting and contract starts in Jan second week. Company is yet to set up. Do I need to submit self assessment by 31 Jan?

Yes. 31 Jan 2018.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Self assessment is personal taxation, which is entirely separate from yourCo's taxation.

So if you, personally, are required to submit a SA for tax year 15/16, then it needs to be submitted by Jan 31st.

You need to engage an accountant who can explain to you how it all works.

Comment

If you were PAYE HMRC would have informed you if you needed to for the year April 2015- April 2016.

The current personal tax year is April 2016 to April 2017 so SA returns should be completed and submitted by 31st January 2018.

Talk to your accountant about this as if they are like mine they will want it done in summer 2017.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
        X