• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has anyone used BeanBalance?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone used BeanBalance?

An online accounting software, claims to be free.
    I am looking to upgrade my book keeping.
    Last edited by yetanotherbob; 24 December 2016, 12:34. Reason: Clarified post title

I'm sure there must be some kind of horrible catch, because it looks far too good to be true.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      I'm sure there must be some kind of horrible catch, because it looks far too good to be true.
      If you aren't paying for it, you are the product.

And the issue with all freebie options is what happens when they can no longer pay the bills..
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        If you aren't paying for it, you are the product.

And the issue with all freebie options is what happens when they can no longer pay the bills..
        Spot on...

Decent software costs money in development and support, if it's being given away free or below economic cost, then the question is why?

That said free software is nothing new; in the US some taxpayers can get their equivalent of Self Assessment done free via an accountants portal, but in return for waiving privacy - the value of the customer data is worth more than the service.

Comment

Go have a look at Xero.

Comment

Originally posted by garethevans1986 View Post
            Go have a look at Xero.
            Why when it's too much for us?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Why when it's too much for us?
              it's cheaper than freeagent

Comment

Working...
              X