Posts 1 to 6 of 6

Nervous Newbie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Limited Company employed by Recruitment Agency

Dear all
    I am new to the site. I have a general question regarding LTD contractor employed through Recruitment Agency.

I am trying to find out what percentage of one earnings the RA can take off you hourly/daily rate?
    I tried to research it, but there are various opinions around. some say it is anything between 10-25% of the payment, but it can also increase to 30% and more.
    are the any regulations/laws saying that the commission taken by RA from Limited Company contractor is capped to some level, or they can charge as they pleased?

Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Regards
    Adam

Some things in Moderation

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No, There are no regulations regarding how much money an agency takes from a contract.

Fingers like lightning

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by adaypl View Post
    I am trying to find out what percentage of one earnings the RA can take off you hourly/daily rate?
    My mate Peter in the village, ran a company that provided stuff to the railways. He would buy components and then sell them to BR etc for six times what he paid. Buying cheap and selling expensive is the bedrock of capitalism.

In a previous life I was targetted to take off at least 40% from all contractors. I myself went for an interview at Capital One where the agent wanted to take 75%.

For a comparison, I worked for Capgemini. I was paid about 90k and charged out at about 1050 per day - and that was non-stop; week-in/week-out.
    "The only thing standing between me and greatness is ... me "

Fingers like lightning

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Limited companies aren't employed by anyone.

Contractor Among Contractors

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You really need to understand the meaning of employed. It makes a huge difference in what you make in .
    Agents can charge what they like. You are a commodity.

Sounds like you're very new to this so make sure you read the First Timers guides to the right ----------->

Fingers like lightning

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by adaypl View Post
    Dear all
    I am new to the site. I have a general question regarding LTD contractor employed through Recruitment Agency.

I tried to research it, but there are various opinions around. some say it is anything between 10-25% of the payment, but it can also increase to 30% and more.
    are the any regulations/laws saying that the commission taken by RA from Limited Company contractor is capped to some level, or they can charge as they pleased?

Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Regards
    Adam
    I'd focus on getting the rate you are comfortable working for first. Agent's commission is none of your business. It's her/his money. There will be taxes, insurance, accountancy fees to pay as well, so make sure you make enough to cover those as well. Read the guides on this site. They were very helpful when I first started contracting.

+ Reply to Thread