I started a contract last month with a new agency. Before starting I opted out of the Self Billing arrangment as allowed and clearly stated in the contract. They confirmed that I had been withdrawn.
I invoiced them at the end of the month but a few days later have received a document from them that:
- says "SELF BILL INVOICE" across the top
- has the wrong Invoice Number
- has the wrong Invoice Date on it
So far they've said that they can't change the invoice because they use an automated system.
FWIW I am VAT registered.
- How can I get them to stop self-billing me?
- What problems does the creation of two different invoices for the same piece of work cause?