• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advise needed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    You can do absolutely nothing against the manager, as your contract is with the agency. This is a difficult one as the agency may have a condition in the contract that you need a signed time sheet. You need to see a lawyer, as you have done the work and then look to sue the agency.
    ^
    This.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
      ^
      This.
      10/10 for using the quote right. You are getting there.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by beemarman View Post
        I’ve just finished an IT contract and the manager is ignoring all request to sign my time sheet so that I could get paid.

He was a pain the backside and I couldn’t wait for the contract to end. They were times when I refused to go to work until he signed my previous time sheets. He hasn’t given any reasons why he’s not signing, and the agency don’t seem to be chasing him enough.

He has a lot of personal issues himself, and I believe he tried to take some of them out on me because I was a contractor. I stood my ground with him and I think that’s was his main issue with me.

I need to know what legal route I could take to recoup the money owned.
        1. Check the contract and confirm what, if anything, it says about signatures on timesheets.
        2. Check the contract and confirm if it includes any clauses relating to payment on receipt of funds from the end client.
        3. Chase the agency and confirm what action they are taking to get the timesheet signed.
        4. Keep chasing the agency regularly for updates (AKA Dunning) and if push comes to shove tell them you will add late payment costs and interest.
        5. If no joy instruct your friendly neighbourhood debt collection agency or issue a legal claim against the agency for the outstanding balance not for breach of contract.

Hope that helps.
        The only debt collection & credit control company recommended by Contractor UK.

Read our articles on ContractorUK here and get in touch here.

Comment

Did you take out any form of legal insurance, e.g. IPSE+ membership or QDos?
          Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Will someone please change the thread title - it's hurting my eyes
            Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprice View Post
              Will someone please change the thread title - it's hurting my eyes
              FTFY (Subtle !!)
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Just growl and tell him that you love the sound of flesh tearing !!!!

Comment

Working...
                X