• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

very fast company bank account needed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSBC. Go into a branch and you could walk out with an Account number and sort code. You won't be able to draw out of the account before Monday, so just accept that as a given.
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

CashPlus. Costs £60 pa but it's a bank account with a visa debit and it's instant set up.

Comment

Originally posted by knewbold View Post
        because NatWest assured me some time ago this would be sorted, so I need to pay a supplier on Monday.......... ive already stalled the end client for 2 weeks and I cant pay for insurance to go on site without my invoice being paid
        Buy the insurance using a personal credit card and claim as expenses from your company.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I used HSBC.

I would've used the Bank I used to work for, but 1) I kndw they would take too long, 2) I wanted to keep my personal banking separate, especially as an ex-employee, 3) wanted a bank with a local branch.

HSBC were my choice. I filled in their online form on a Tuesday evening, a few email notices later I'd got 90% through. They just wanted a short telephone 'interview' with me. I had that chat the following Tuesday evening, and q5 minutes after had a message with my sort code and account number. Cards and chequebook 4-5 days later, online banking all set up 4-5 days after that.

A decent experience.

My gut feel is that if it all goes smoothly then all seems fine (obviously), but when they mess something up all Banks seems to struggle to rectify things. Not dissimilar to mobile phone companies!

Comment

Working...
          X