• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recruiting a person who alreay has another job

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent View Post
    Always adding value.
    Yet three pages on we've come to the same conclusion.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      Yet three pages on we've come to the same conclusion.
      Yes, at least he has the excuse that he is an agent .

Point being, there is no better advice; the OPs situation is certainly not straightforward, especially as his partner is also employed elsewhere.
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

Point being, there is no better advice; the OPs situation is certainly not straightforward, especially as his partner is also employed elsewhere.
        Called Nixon Williams and signed up with them. If anyone will be interested, I'll post here what they come up with for me.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

As we've always said; if you think a professional is expensive, what until you hire an amateur. Red Adair wasn't wrong.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I wonder if the OP doesn't pay for contract checks just to save a few quid.

Be interesting to see what NW says about his unmarried partner having shares.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

NW sorted everything out We have got a couple of contracts signed by her to justify the percentage of shares.

Do I pay someone to check my contracts? No I don't. LLM comes in handy

Comment

Originally posted by ndl View Post
                NW sorted everything out We have got a couple of contracts signed by her to justify the percentage of shares.

Do I pay someone to check my contracts? No I don't. LLM comes in handy
                Cool. Does that cover IR35 as well? Some IR35 insurance require a contract check before they'll cover you.

Comment

I don't have IR35 insurance. As far as I know a chance of being investigated is quite small. If I get a mail/email from HMRC regarding IR35 I will seek for legal help then. Tho I should probably look into getting the insurance. Thank you for your advice.

Comment

Originally posted by ndl View Post
                    I don't have IR35 insurance. As far as I know a chance of being investigated is quite small. If I get a mail/email from HMRC regarding IR35 I will seek for legal help then. Tho I should probably look into getting the insurance. Thank you for your advice.
                    You could be right but is it worth the risk? It's a bit late once you get the letter, you'll have to pay for it all. If you join IPSE+ you get it as part of the package or you could get something like TLC35 from QDOS. To get the contract checked you could use QDOS, Bauer & Cottrell and the like. Not expensive.

Comment

IIRC the typical cost of fighting an IR35 investigation is circa £20K and a lot of sleepless nights.

Comment

Working...
                      X