• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recruiting a person who alreay has another job

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh.. and now dividends come in to the mix.. You can't make this crap up..

And you've spoken to your accountant about this yet?
    Last edited by northernladuk; 1 September 2016, 11:26.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Exactly, not a straightforward situation when combining this with the OPs original post.
      Certainly beyond our limited remit here as contractors, in most cases.
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

northernladuk, I haven't provided enough background at first but that doesn't mean I am making crap up. In my previous reply I told everything there is.

We don't have an accountant as we will try doing that ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by ndl View Post
          northernladuk, I haven't provided enough background at first but that doesn't mean I am making crap up. In my previous reply I told everything there is.

We don't have an accountant as we will try doing that ourselves.
          And you have already reached a major hurdle, where you need someone knowledgeable to help .
          Point is there aren't many contractors that can help you here, your situation is fairly complex.
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            And you have already reached a major hurdle, where you need someone knowledgeable to help .
            Point is there aren't many contractors that can help you here, your situation is fairly complex.
            MrMarkyMark, I just thought that maybe someone else might be in a similar situation. We might have reached a hurdle, but is it worth getting an accountant to sort out a one time thing?

Comment

MrMarkyMark, I just thought that maybe someone else might be in a similar situation. We might have reached a hurdle, but is it worth getting an accountant to sort out a one time thing?
              It's worth getting an accountant period. When you say partner... Are you married?

Comment

It's worth getting an accountant period. When you say partner... Are you married?
                No, not married.

We thought of sorting it out ourselves. If we fail, then we'll definitely get one.

Comment

No, not married.

We thought of sorting it out ourselves. If we fail, then we'll definitely get one.
                  I'd say you are. You can get an accountant for 80 quid a month who can help you be more tax efficient and stay on the right side of the law. Compared to what it will cost you to fail it's a no brainer...

But feel free to run your business on a load of half baked information you feed a bunch of strangers on the internet.....

Comment

No, not married.

I'd recommend getting an accountant. Not because NLUK says so, but because you'll get the best advice and any tax revisions will be kept up to date (including optimal salaries for you and your partner to maximise tax efficiencies). They'd also be best placed to recommend the best way of engaging your partner in your business, be that as company secretary, director or employee.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                      Classic - ask your accountant.
                      Always adding value.

Comment

Working...
                      X