• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract Review (for LtdCo rather than Contractor)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract Review (for LtdCo rather than Contractor)

As some of you know, I started off as a contractor, but now I run a LtdCo that employs full time employees to provide services to our clients. As such, IR35 is not an issue for us (aside from occasions where I do consultancy work for a client via an agency, but that's not the case here).

Normally, when we engage with a client, we send them our contract and they sign it. We've got a new client, but they want us to sign their conditions. As such, I need to get the contract reviewed by a legal person who, ideally, would read our standard terms, read the terms provided by the new client, and provide advice.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm assuming Qdos and Bauer & Cottrell mainly focus on IR35 reviews for contractors, which wouldn't be what we want. Ideally I want to avoid paying hundreds of pounds an hour for a lawyer to take their sweet-ass time reviewing the contracts - I'd love a fixed-price contract review. So if anyone has any recommendations or general comments, I'd be interested to hear them!

Sounds like you need a commercial law firm to review a B2B contract, like Slater Gordon.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

In ContractorWorld, the usual suspects are Abbey Tax and Egos, but any reasonable commercial law firm should be suitable. Probably not a bad idea to form a business relationship with one anyway...
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Why not speak to Roger Sinclair at Egos? He's very active in the contracting area but appears to be a Contract Lawyer. You've got what you want from a setup that also knows IR35 and how we generally work. I know you don't want an IR35 contract review but having a foot in both camps can't be a bad thing?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X