• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PI & Public Liability insurance up for renewal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PI & Public Liability insurance up for renewal

Have been with QDOS for both until now. Already covered for IR35 by IPSE.

Has anyone found better options?

Insurance

Have you tried the likes of Caunce O'Hara?

Comment

Don't forget you get a free IR35 review with the QDOS one. What else are looking for when you say better besides prices?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Don't forget you get a free IR35 review with the QDOS one. What else are looking for when you say better besides prices?
        +1 QDOS all the way, used 2 of my three free reviews last year which means that I got the insurance practically free!

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
          +1 QDOS all the way, used 2 of my three free reviews last year which means that I got the insurance practically free!
          Not sure it's 3 anymore unless you have TLC35 as well. Some thing has changed but not sure of the exact details.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I use Bauer & Cottrell for my contracts. Not looking for a better price as such. QDOS renewal quoted for an additional product Tax Enquiry Insurance which I did not recall purchasing. When I checked they said I had it free for last 2 months (though I have no notification to that effect) and so it was included in the renewal quote (which was higher, obviously).

Comment

Hiscox here. Seemed to be the cheapest when I looked.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by ruasonid View Post
                I use Bauer & Cottrell for my contracts. Not looking for a better price as such. QDOS renewal quoted for an additional product Tax Enquiry Insurance which I did not recall purchasing. When I checked they said I had it free for last 2 months (though I have no notification to that effect) and so it was included in the renewal quote (which was higher, obviously).
                Hi ruasonid - obviously we are 100% biased here so I'm not going to mention anything about our service. I just want to clear up re the Tax Enquiry Insurance issue you have raised. Apologies that you have not received any notification of this offer, we send out notifications by email to tell you that you have 2 months free TEI which you can remove any time. This notification also explains the price of TEI at renewal and that you are not in any way obligated to take it - we also amended our renewal system to make it easy for you to remove the product from your quote. Your email renewal reminders and our customer service team should make it clear that this was an additional product that you had received free for 2 months as well (please let me know if you disagree).
                Not much use to you as you didn't receive it! but I assure you that it was not simply added to your account without any efforts to give you all the necessary information. Any information you may be able to provide e.g. your email client, which might help us discover if there are wider issues with these notifications getting through would be appreciated - PM me if you would like.

Apologies again that you feel you now need to leave us

Gemma
                Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Not found better than QDOS for PI but their public and employers liability is not great value. I get both with business equipment cover from Direct Line Business for less than I was paying QDOS and the PL is higher too.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
                    Not found better than QDOS for PI but their public and employers liability is not great value. I get both with business equipment cover from Direct Line Business for less than I was paying QDOS and the PL is higher too.
                    Thanks for the heads up, the same PL and EL cover on Directline is 45% cheaper than QDOS
                    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                    X