• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Requested to fill in tax assurance form in retrospect?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't bother, unless you're also going to ask your builder/plumber/gardener to fill in a similar document, you provide a service, invoice and they pay it, tax issues are none of their concern and are between you and Hector.

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
      I wouldn't bother, unless you're also going to ask your builder/plumber/gardener to fill in a similar document, you provide a service, invoice and they pay it, tax issues are none of their concern and are between you and Hector.
      It is probably required for their internal processes. You should bother to help them out (it's hardly onerous to spend a few minutes and a stamp writing a letter), in order to maintain a good relationship with a past, and potentially future client.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        It is probably required for their internal processes. You should bother to help them out (it's hardly onerous to spend a few minutes and a stamp writing a letter), in order to maintain a good relationship with a past, and potentially future client.
        Granted, but I ask again what have your tax affairs got to do with them?

Comment

It's Public Sector. With the clamp down on PSC's in their eyes being tax dodgers it has a lot to do with them. Look at the high profile cases the hit the news of high level people being paid through their company. It's a hot topic.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Nothing.

However you may have stupidity signed a contract with a clause saying the agency or their chosen partner has a right to audit you on this contract, or something similar.

Replying to this letter fulfills this obligation.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
            X