• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New supercard is out (perfect for overseas purchases)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    It might not be worth it. I recall the Clarity card exchange rate is OK?
    It's one of the best, if not the best - but I don't know how the rates compare to the Supercard exchange rate. I can't imagine it'll be much better / worse either way, which is one reason my parents never bothered with the Supercard.

But if you collect points but a poor overseas card, then Supercard makes sense to use.

Comment

did anyone get a date as to when the card will arrive? All I got is a message in the app telling me to give them a couple of days

Revolut looks good but you can only use your debit card/bank account to load money (only looked at the first page)- I think the supercard works with credit cards too so you can get amex points (if you have one)

Comment

Originally posted by cinek View Post
        did anyone get a date as to when the card will arrive? All I got is a message in the app telling me to give them a couple of days

Revolut looks good but you can only use your debit card/bank account to load money (only looked at the first page)- I think the supercard works with credit cards too so you can get amex points (if you have one)
        Visa and Mastercard only. Amex has told both supercard and curve where to go....
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Visa and Mastercard only. Amex has told both supercard and curve where to go....
          really? I was hoping to use amex with the supercard ;/ I'm not surprised about curve tbh as their support was rubbish. Took about a month to get a refund and you most likely had to pay amex in the mean time

Comment

Originally posted by cinek View Post

Waiting for the email.

MSE says that for cash withdrawals, the Creation card is slightly better than the Clarity card.

The WeSwap prepaid card gives an extra £10 when you top up £50 via the MSE link so if you're looking at a prepaid card that seems a good deal.

Comment

Took my Supercard & Revolut card for a trip away recently - mixed results !

Revolut worked well. I loaded some GBP onto the card on the day of the brexit vote and exchanged it for Euro (£1 = 1.30, which dropped the following day). Used it in a couple of ATMs abroad to get cash. No issues, and received an app notification on my phone immediately after the transaction to confirm it.

Supercard - attempted to pay for a meal, and twice the card machine flagged up wrong pin, and warned that a 3rd incorrect pin would lock the card, so bailed and used my Clarity card instead. Got an email/text a few days later from Supercard to advise that there was a problem with my card/pin and they were sending out a new card. Not helpful as I was abroad.

New card was waiting when I returned. I will test it out here before I go away again, but I noted in the T&Cs that they charge a fee for using it in the UK, so it'll be a small transaction.

Also, Supercard have just added travel insurance as a benefit - need to read through the schedule and see how it compares to other insurance, but could be a useful perk.

Comment

My supercard got rejected by the Air Lingus website this morning.

Will try it this weekend when I'm away - if not, it's back to the Clarity card and WeSwap pre-paid card instead.

Comment

I've been using the Supercard (almost weekly) the last few weeks and has worked well for me. The exchange rate is quite good as well. Not happy about their ATM fees though, will be looking to getting Revolut for ATM transactions.

Comment

Originally posted by jbond007 View Post
                    I've been using the Supercard (almost weekly) the last few weeks and has worked well for me. The exchange rate is quite good as well. Not happy about their ATM fees though, will be looking to getting Revolut for ATM transactions.
                    I signed up to WeSwap because they were doing a good deal if you topped up £50 or more.

If anyone wants to sign up using my referral code http://swp.to/en/qux5356 then you get £5 free cash as well (I'm over the 10 user referrals so I don't get anything extra, but you get £5). Exchange rates look good at the moment as well.

Comment

Not sure if it's just me, but Revolut keeps saying that they are having a problem when I try to create a new card

Comment

Working...
                      X