• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client claims to have run out of money! Where do I stand?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Client claims to have run out of money! Where do I stand?

I'm having an issue with one of my public sector clients I've been working with for the past 5 months, they're claiming a previous manager messed up the Purchase Order when my contract was renewed, and they've now run out of budget to pay me. It get's a little more complicated as the team I'm working with moved departments in an organisation restructure. The "new" department has all sorts of cost saving targets they have to meet, and as a result management are having an issue with the higher ups {insert generic statement on public sector bureaucracy BS here}

My question is this, I have a 2 week notice period in my contract, the money runs out in a few days and I wanted to know who would be liable to pay out my notice period should the contract be terminated by either myself or the client. Would it be the client or Agency I'm working through?

Originally posted by LaunchpadBS View Post
    I'm having an issue with one of my public sector clients I've been working with for the past 5 months, they're claiming a previous manager messed up the Purchase Order when my contract was renewed, and they've now run out of budget to pay me. It get's a little more complicated as the team I'm working with moved departments in an organisation restructure. The "new" department has all sorts of cost saving targets they have to meet, and as a result management are having an issue with the higher ups {insert generic statement on public sector bureaucracy BS here}

My question is this, I have a 2 week notice period in my contract, the money runs out in a few days and I wanted to know who would be liable to pay out my notice period should the contract be terminated by either myself or the client. Would it be the client or Agency I'm working through?
    Your contract is with the agency, so you have no direct tie to the client, but somewhere in the contract with the agency there might be a clause saying you only get paid when the agency does. Have you spoken to your agent yet? Are they upto date with the payments for the invoices you have submitted or is that at risk too?

Long story short do not get hung up on the two weeks notice period, as to be fair it means sod all these days
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

At least they were good enough to tell you.

Comment

Get your last invoice in, then feck off.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Did you opt in?

Comment

You can claim into 1k from your IPSE+ membership if the agency don't honour the contract under the business interruption policy so give them a ring.

Don't be expecting to get paid for work you didn't (or won't) do.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
              Did you opt in?
              Opted Out unfortunately, the agency almost insisted that I did, lesson learned.

@northernladuk

Thanks I'll look into it.

I have spoken to the agentcy and thier line is I must resolve this with the client, typical BS, why would they work for their/my money anyway right?

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                Did you opt in?
                You don't 'opt in'. You may 'opt out'. If you don't opt out, then you're in.

The Agency conduct regs hokey kokey.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  You can claim into 1k from your IPSE+ membership if the agency don't honour the contract under the business interruption policy so give them a ring.

Don't be expecting to get paid for work you didn't (or won't) do.
                  Does that grand go directly into your sky rocket rather than the company bank account I wonder (given that IPSE+ membership is not an allowable business expense)

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    You don't 'opt in'. You may 'opt out'. If you don't opt out, then you're in.

The Agency conduct regs hokey kokey.
                    Is that what it's all about?
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X