• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Free Agent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Agent

Hello all, this is my first post

Ive just started my first contract and I was talking to an accountant who suggested that I look at Free Agent. Can anyone help me with some feedback on what they think of it. Im pretty aware financially but have never used this type of software before.

I'd love to hear the good and the bad or any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks all

Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Freeagent

Seems to get good reviews, many of the accountants on here (including ourselves) support FA. There are others available, but FA does seem to be the most popular.

Comment

I use Freeagent offered as part of the package from Gorilla Accounting. Other accountants here offer it as well.

Very happy indeed with it. I'd happily advise anyone to go for it. I did like the SJD spreadsheet but not sure I could go back after using FA for awhile now.

Just on a side not if you try searching the forums you'll find plenty of information. Most things you can think of have been asked so a good chance you'll find an answer to your question. Nothing wrong with asking if you want the latest feedback but the search is very useful.

Type the following in to google

freeagent site:forums.contractoruk.com

Brings back
        http://www.bing.com/search?q=freeage...onversationid=

You'll see lots of posts about freeagent in those results.
        Last edited by northernladuk; 24 May 2016, 13:41.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

P.s. not the best idea to be posting under your real name if it is that. PM Admin and ask him to change it for you.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            P.s. not the best idea to be posting under your real name if it is that. PM Admin and ask him to change it for you.
            Thanks will do. Are there really stalkers on here

Comment

I'd really be interested to know whether free agent is easy to use for a beginner.

I have been playing with it and it seems to do much more than my accountant said I would need to.

Is it overkill for a contractor? I thought I would be paying my accountant for wages and Vat not doing it myself, or do others leave that part to the number cruncher?

Comment

FA

Originally posted by katyrobbinson View Post
                I'd really be interested to know whether free agent is easy to use for a beginner.

I have been playing with it and it seems to do much more than my accountant said I would need to.

Is it overkill for a contractor? I thought I would be paying my accountant for wages and Vat not doing it myself, or do others leave that part to the number cruncher?
                It does seem to be quite easy to use and a friendly bunch to deal with. It gives quite a lot of flexibility as has to cater for a variety of needs but would suggest you use an accountant that includes the FA as part of their monthly fee. Plenty of the guys on here do of course.

Comment

Originally posted by OP
                  Hello all, this is my first post

Ive just started my first contract and I was talking to an accountant who suggested that I look at Free Agent. Can anyone help me with some feedback on what they think of it. Im pretty aware financially but have never used this type of software before.

I'd love to hear the good and the bad or any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks all
                  Is this to use instead of an accountant, or as well as an accountant?

I'd be looking at an accountant with some kind of nice easy to use portal that you can use to see how the accounts are looking - whether that's an accountant using FreeAgent, or using their own like InTouch or Crunch or Nixon Williams (I think) do.

But I'm a bit confused why you would have an accountant and then pay for another tool to do their job for them.

Comment

Originally posted by OP
                    Thanks will do. Are there really stalkers on here
                    In the meantime, it would be nice if people who quote you don't quote your real name either (like Darren did!)

Oh, and don't trust an accountant called Darren

Comment

Working...
                    X