• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any experiences of QDOS accounting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any experiences of QDOS accounting

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone uses QDOS accounting and could share their experiences of them?

Thanks.

I switched to them last year. They have been brilliant! Wish I had moved years ago. My account manager, Ben, has always taken my calls immediately. Usually he knows the answer straight off - for complex stuff he has called me back a while later.

Feel free to PM me if you want to ask questions privately.

BP

Comment

Originally posted by KC1 View Post
      Hi,

Just wondering if anyone uses QDOS accounting and could share their experiences of them?

Thanks.
      I've heard that they outsource the accounting to India, perhaps you could ask them to confirm or deny?
      "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
        I've heard that they outsource the accounting to India, perhaps you could ask them to confirm or deny?
        Not sure where that one's come from. Our accountants are all in Leicester and all of our staff are in the UK – either in Leicester or Aberdeen. I’ve just hired two more ACCA accountants in fact. We work with IRIS for elements of our processing, as do ~60% of accountants in the country, but we are all in Blighty (unless Scotland gets independence).

This is the second time you’ve mentioned this on CUK and it's obviously a potentially damaging rumour. Perhaps I can speak to you directly so you can get a better understanding of the business.
        Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Originally posted by Qdos Contractor View Post
          Not sure where that one's come from. Our accountants are all in Leicester and all of our staff are in the UK – either in Leicester or Aberdeen. I’ve just hired two more ACCA accountants in fact. We work with IRIS for elements of our processing, as do ~60% of accountants in the country, but we are all in Blighty (unless Scotland gets independence).

This is the second time you’ve mentioned this on CUK and it's obviously a potentially damaging rumour. Perhaps I can speak to you directly so you can get a better understanding of the business.
          +1 I would think the sensitive nature of accounting data would preclude moving it lock stock to India (or another non EU country for that matter)

Comment

Originally posted by Qdos Contractor View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
              Forgive my ignorance, but why is this necessarily a bad thing? Surely its as secure to outsource to India in the cloud as it is to have a team member who works from home and accesses the data in the cloud, no?

Comment

As I understand it if data is taken outside of Europe it impacts cover provided by the data protection act?

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeSquash View Post
                  As I understand it if data is taken outside of Europe it impacts cover provided by the data protection act?
                  The NHS sends health data outside of the EU for processing, but the patient identifiers are removed before the data leaves and then added again on return (IIRC).

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
                    Surely its as secure to outsource to India in the cloud as it is to have a team member who works from home and accesses the data in the cloud, no?
                    I've heard Alan outsources to someone at home who has his head in the clouds.

Comment

Working...
                    X