• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Drip feed or lump dividend payments?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Does he need to change his name to LondonWelsh?

London Welsh RFC
    Dunno exactly what he has to change it to. Poor fella has a proper identity crisis going on hasn't he.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Just to put this back in to perspective of the OP's question. If someone who can't work out the financial implications of whether to withdraw 30k and invest it or leave it in an account paying less than1% for most of the year won't all this is a little out of his league?
      The only reason I'm asking the question on here is because I _have_ worked out the financial implications of leaving the money where it is. The discussion is more around what to do with this money. I own a house with a mortgage (that doesn't allow an offset) and have investments in stocks and shares, so your comment around what is and isn't in my league may be a little misplaced. I would take it more personally if you were any less of an arrogant, facetious prat most of the time on here though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ret View Post
        I would take it more personally if you were any less of an arrogant, facetious prat most of the time on here though.
        You thought you would highlight what you perceive to be his good points
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          So, should I have a Santander account, or not
          You probably should. Its 5% on 20k at the cost of £60 a year and the fees will probably be offset by the cashback on utilities.

Most of us should have £20k in there and you should keep it here until your mortgage interest goes over the 5%. This is a nobrainer because its liquid, thus if things change you do something else.

Comment

Originally posted by fool View Post
            You probably should. Its 5% on 20k at the cost of £60 a year and the fees will probably be offset by the cashback on utilities.

Most of us should have £20k in there and you should keep it here until your mortgage interest goes over the 5%. This is a nobrainer because its liquid, thus if things change you do something else.
            5% or 3%? I thought it was 3%, or have they a 125 account as well?
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              5% or 3%? I thought it was 3%, or have they a 125 account as well?
              Yeah its 3%, my bad. You should park your money there unless your mortgage is > 3%.

Comment

Working...
              X