• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Directors liability

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Directors liability

Hi all,

I can't seem to see directors liability insurance on qdos website - do they do it?

Trying to compare prices is proving trickier than I expected with bundled packages from some providers!

Ta!

http://shop.qdosconsulting.com/docum...4-11-45-04.pdf

Its covered under employers liability

Comment

Ah thanks! Isn't mentioned at all until you look into those policy wording docs!

Comment

Who's asking you for directors liability insurance?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Hmmm... that is interesting.

While moving my PI to QDOS, I specifically asked QDOS whether they did director's liability insurance as well, since otherwise I had to keep my other insurance policy - i.e. Business combined (Public liability insurance, legal expenses and the Director's liability insurance with my existing provider - i.e. COH), and to that QDOS said they don't do director's liability insurance.

Hence I did not move my public liability insurance, etc. policy to them since COH covered it. (I only moved PI to QDOS)

Will need to check with QDOS again in the light of this new information.
          If they had said yes then, I would have moved my public liability / business insurance to them as well They missed a business opportunity there! (in spite of me asking them specifically for this)

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

That cover extends the same employers liability cover to directors. It does not provide D&O cover to the director, which may (or may not!) be what the OP is looking for.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

It is correct that Qdos do not offer Director & Officers insurance as part of our suite of policies. We recognise that certain competitors do provide this product, but it is not a policy most contractors consider, and is very rarely required by end clients in the same way as PI or ELPL.

Whilst we offer insurance of a non-advised basis, it is broadly fair to say that D&O insurance is designed for businesses operating with a more traditional corporate structure – i.e. Directors taking responsibility for wider business operations rather than providing personal services as a contractor. A D&O policy will broadly cover the directors for liabilities in connection with performance of their duties as directors of the insured business. On this basis, the cover is generally of very little relevance to ‘one-man-band’ contractors. Whilst some providers will include the policy in order to cater to non-contractor clients, or as a contrived ‘additional benefit’ within a package of insurance, we do not feel D&O is a suitable product for our contractor client base.

OP, if you could provide an example or examples of the specific type of liabilities you are looking to insure against, we may be able to advise further
              Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Working...
              X