• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Take a big dividend this year?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    I risked it and bumped by income to £100k. I didn't think about the tax on account thing. Too late now! I guess I'll get it back eventually. If my circumstances change I could live to regret it of course
    I did the same, but will reduce the payment on account as has already been suggested.
    Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 30 March 2016, 00:11.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      I risked it and bumped by income to £100k. I didn't think about the tax on account thing. Too late now! I guess I'll get it back eventually. If my circumstances change I could live to regret it of course
      You can reduce the payment on account if you want (assuming you're not going to extract £100k next year, and you're confident about that).

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        You can reduce the payment on account if you want (assuming you're not going to extract £100k next year, and you're confident about that).
        How do you do this?

Comment

Originally posted by Gaz_M View Post
          How do you do this?
          Complete form SA303 either by post or online.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Gaz_M View Post
            How do you do this?
            You ask your accountant about it to make sure it fits the purpose in your situation and then if it does they will advise how to do it i'd say.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              I did the same, but will reduce the payment on account as has already been suggested.
              I asked my accountant about this as I'm taking a large dividend this tax year, as a one-off.

She says that she can apply to reduce the payments on my tax return, so I shouldn't need to do anything.

HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by iainp999 View Post
                I asked my accountant about this as I'm taking a large dividend this tax year, as a one-off.

She says that she can apply to reduce the payments on my tax return, so I shouldn't need to do anything.

HTH.
                Essentially that is what we are talking about, reducing the payments on account, either you can do it yourself, or get your accountant to do it.
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Yes, as indicated above, you can do this at any time via an SA303 or, perhaps more conveniently, in the "Payments on Account" section of your SATR/SA100.

Comment

Working...
                  X