• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Redstone reincarnated ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redstone reincarnated ?

Today I was contacted by Steven Waters from "thecontractorcompany.co.uk" sniffing about for work. Same Steven Waters who was the Business Development Manager for Redstone which disgracefully abandoned us anybody know?? Email below:

Good Afternoon,

You may or may not be aware that there are big changes ahead for the contractor market yet again. It’s time to act and time is very much of the essence. If you are operating through your own Limited Company you should consider a switch to our enhanced Limited Company Structure which can increase your take home pay by around 15% after all fees and Taxes have been deducted. If you are operating through a scheme where you are declaring the minimum wage as your salary and the remainder is paid out in a loan format (or similar) then you should also consider a switch. Remember that if HMRC ask you 1 simple question, the entire scheme falls down and the loans then become "dependable income” which is turn is then “taxable income”. Please continue to work through this email and the attached documents to see a option available to you.

Who are The Contractor Company?
    We are a leading business process outsourcing and professional consultancy service company. We deliver strategic, efficient back-office and consultancy services to companies in a variety of industry sectors. Our outsourcing capabilities and infrastructure allows us to transform and manage critical elements of our clients' processes with measurable results. Service efficiency, quality and flexibility increase customer satisfaction and loyalty.
    Leading the way within the marketplace today, TCC is regarded as a partner of choice to key clients within the UK and abroad. Offering elite and unrivalled company back-office support services we pride ourselves in our customer service and providing the client with a key value incentive and a return on investment. We measure and control our total commitment, to ensure that we have adequate time to devote to the needs and requirements of each client, whom we treat as individuals. Personal relationships are important and this forms an essential and important part of our corporate aim.

Accountancy & Bookkeeping Services - a full range of bookkeeping and accounting services for small to mid-sized businesses. Depending on your company’s needs, we partner with you as your bookkeeper, accountant, controller, business advisor, part-time CFO — or the entire department. All of our accounting services and solutions are scalable during periods of peak activity, and then can be scaled back when they are no longer required. By partnering with us to help you manage key non-core functions, you can concentrate efforts on maximizing your core business, which is essential to businesses that are positioned for growth.

Our Focus
    We are dedicated to providing excellent customer service to our clients. By listening to and understanding their needs, we are able to use our expert knowledge and integrity to deliver a service package that continually exceeds expectations.

If you have any questions regarding the solutions we offer or the referral schemes we operate I’d be delighted to discuss is greater detail at your convenience.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Steven Waters
    The Contractor Company
    <mod snip>
    http://ww w.thecontractorcompany.co.uk

Redstone reincarnated ?

This was such an interesting post that I decided to copy it from the HMRC Enquiries sub-forum.

Original thread here http://forums.contractoruk.com/showpost.php?p=2089114
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

No company number on the website

No details on any 'schemes' on offer

Referral fees of £1000.

Hmmmm
      Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Isn't this unsolicited mail so a bit naughty in itself?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

This seems to be the "next thing" for contractor schemes.. the "enhanced Ltd Co" solution.. so basically the old Trust-Loan arrangement, but via your Ltd Co rather than a scheme promoters company..

Worryingly though - how many new punters are gonna get sucked into this stuff due to the new dividend tax?? The guys pushing these things must be rubbing their hands with glee.. I've got friends who have started operating this way and even though I've sat them down to tell them of my experiences (I used an EBT for a few years about 10 years ago, got stung badly and have just had to "sell the lot" to settle with HMRC), they seem willfully ignorant of the dangers.. "oh this isn't one of those EBT/PBT things.. this is like Google.. its a legal paradox.. blah blah" ..

Seems the HMRC Schemes thread is unfortunately gonna get a bit more traffic for a few more years

Comment

I've see this coming for a while. Once the new divi rules begin to bite, a lot of contractors are going to find it difficult to resist the 85%. We just need to keep beating the drum.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
              I've see this coming for a while. Once the new divi rules begin to bite, a lot of contractors are going to find it difficult to resist the 85%. We just need to keep beating the drum.
              Any contractors that do post April 2016 quite frankly deserve what they get, only a madman or a fool would go down that route in the current climate.

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
                Any contractors that do post April 2016 quite frankly deserve what they get, only a madman or a fool would go down that route in the current climate.
                Indeed. But you could say the same about the current situation and plenty still do it. Sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
                  Deserve what they get.
                  People like you P me off.

Comment

Originally posted by horrada View Post
                    Deserve what they get.
                    People like you P me off.
                    Expand?

On here we warn people again and again if something is too good to be true it is, especially in terms of dealing with HMRC.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X