• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NL tax rates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NL tax rates

I am looking for some knowledge about Dutch tax, and I will take more precise advice if I come to need it, but it would be nice to have an idea in advance.

My situation would be working in NL for up to 6 months, and not doing any other work during that year. I have the 30% ruling from some years back (<10 years, <2012). I would also be aged 65 which I understand gives a lower rate of tax.

Does anyone know an online calculator that handles both of those advantageous conditions? I have found:

expatax.nl which asks for date of birth but does not then vary the amount of tax depending on whether or not one is 65+
    and thetax.nl which allows you to flag "I am 65+" but then bizarrely calculates a higher tax if you are 65+.

If you can read Dutch look at the Dutch tax service website: Home

Else get a Dutch tax adviser as their tax system is incredibly complicated.

Comment

BTW retirement age is already going up, so not sure if that would impact your claim that you pay less tax after 65 (it is now 65.5 and goes up with a few months every year)

Spouses income is added up, if your spouse works it has an impact on how much tax you (and your spouse) pay (Being married or not does not make any difference, if you live with somebody at the same address in a relationship, income is added up and tax calculated over joined income)

There are many more complicating factors but also many ways to deduct tax, so again get a Dutch tax adviser/accountant

Comment

Thanks for the advice, Eirikur. Good point about 65+, I just took that from the web but it may be specifically related to current pension age rather than a fixed 65.

I will get a good payroll company and professional advice but what I am looking for now is general information that would help me decide which contract in which country to take, if any.

Comment

Working...
        X