• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mortgage broker recommendation?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    Even though Emma hasn't replied to me I'm going with Power.

CF/CMME are both charging ridiculous fees and seemed far more interested in cross selling to me.

FF didn't answer the phone.

Power even suggested that I may get a better deal using previous accounts which was one of my key points.
    My apologies I have been out of the office, thank you, be sure to mention you have come from the forum it will benefit you

Comment

I've used Contractor Mortgages Made Easy before. Found them decent.
      Fight back - Join the Big Group Campaign

Comment

Originally posted by carling View Post
        I've used Contractor Mortgages Made Easy before. Found them decent.
        but expensive?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          but expensive?
          The broker fee was a flat £495 at the time.
          The actual mortgage deal was fairly good though, slightly better rate than the same bank was offering on the high street. If I remember correctly though this was offset some by the bank offering a free valuation survey for high street customers, which I had to pay for.
          One down side is that they do try and cross sell you various insurance, financial planning etc.
          Overall though they were good, but probably not the very cheapest.
          Fight back - Join the Big Group Campaign

Comment

Originally posted by Emma Power Mortgages View Post
            We would always recommend the best deal available based on your circumstances, we cannot search based on commission paid.

If it would help to ease your mind I am sure the any of my colleagues here would take the time to explain why they haven't recommended someone who appears to have a cheaper rate and why you don't meet their criteria if this is the case. Its usually an open discussion and consultation between client and broker and you should feel free to ask any questions you see fit.

I hope this helps
            It does, thank you. And don't apologise for being out of the office

Your colleague was very helpful, thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X