• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract Termination

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smokey01 View Post
    I am with AMS and have a generic AMS contract.

Did you need to pursue via MCOL/courts, or did they simply agree and pay PILON?

I am curious as I am owed over 1 months salary as it stands
    It was in 2004. It took a bit of a nudge from my solicitors and an lba. I know that the cllient paid.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      It's advice you are looking for and you didn't read or understood what I put.

Your contract will state no pay without a signed timesheet. You have no time sheet, you don't get paid. It's written in your contract. You don't need anyone legal to break that down for you.

This question is asked endlessly on here and it's always the same answers.....
      It may be the same answer but that doesn't make it gospel. In my experience you may get the full period of your notice or possibly some token shorter period. I've had my contracts terminated - often because they are unhappy with me - and I've never had a no timesheet/no pay situation so I would always assume I was getting something and act in that fashion although contractually there is no obligation.
      "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
        It may be the same answer but that doesn't make it gospel. In my experience you may get the full period of your notice or possibly some token shorter period. I've had my contracts terminated - often because they are unhappy with me - and I've never had a no timesheet/no pay situation so I would always assume I was getting something and act in that fashion although contractually there is no obligation.
        Errrm, doesn't this concern you, at all
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          Errrm, doesn't this concern you, at all
          Cause it doesn't surprise us.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

My contract was recently renewed (23/02/2016) for a further 2 months, and subsequently 2 days later terminated.

I am curious as I am owed over 1 months salary as it stands

OK, today is 29/02/16, 4 days after the last day you worked for the client.

Can you tell me how come you are owed for one month?
            Can you tell me why it was terminated?
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Cause it doesn't surprise us.
              Anybody can be good

I've been sacked more times than you've had Deep Fried Black Pudding and Mars Bar Fritters for your Sunday Dinner
              "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                Anybody can be good
                Maybe there's hope for you, then
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                X